[SOLVED] Issues with RAM upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobieHardware

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Hi, I'm having some issues with my recent RAM upgrade.
Previously, I've had 2x16GBs (32GBs) sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 RAM (CMH32GX4M2E3200C16) I bought last year, I was able to boost the MHz to 3200MHz before the upgrade.
Yesterday I bought the same kit of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 2x16GB kit (CMH32GX4M2E3200C16) to upgrade from 32GB to 64GB.
I've tried boosting the MHz from 2133MHz to 3200MHz in the BIOS, but whenever I did that I did not get any post on the screen. My PC would turn off once and try and boot up again and it wouldn't post anything and it'll stay like that until I turn off the PC and turn it back on, it'll post with a text saying "Memory Overclocking fail. System is boot up with default settings." I currently have the MHz speeds set to 2666MHz as of right now.
I have my old ram in the DIMMA2 and the DIMMB2 slots. The new ram in the DIMMA1 and the DIMMB1 slots. Am I doing something wrong?
I also upgraded my motherboard to an MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI yesterday when I bought my PC upgrades. So now I'm dealing with four RAM slots instead of two RAM slots (which I'm used to.)

I'll try to message back asap as I'm extremely busy.

Solution
Any time you run mismatched sets you can expect problems, especially when you try to overclock. Just because they have the same part numbers does not mean that they are the same.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS