Issues with ram

Dayonara

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
Hey Fellas
I have a Gigabyte GA-B250n Phoenix Wifi MB. It has a corsair sfx450 PSU and an i3 6100 CPU.
It has been working fine with 2 sticks of a data 2133mhz ddr4 4gb sticks.
All of a sudden it stopped working. And i found out it was the ram that was to blame.
it frooze and when i reset it it just keeps resetting without even reaching the bios screen.
If i took one ram stick out it worked again. that ram stick also works in the other ram slot. The ram stick i took out doenst work in either. So i thought i had bad ram stick.
i ordered a similar kiit of ram, and same thing happened again. only one of them works.
But i tried to mix them, so i took the two working sticks and it worked.
Now im left with two "broken" sticks i cant use for anything, but at least my PC has 8gb ram.

Before i bought the new ram kit i disasembled everything and tried with differnet cables and PSU. i Even installed a new Boot drive.
My pc also has a noctua cooler, two ssd's and a WD red harddrive. And a 1060 3gb model.

Anyone has any thoughts on what could have happened ?

Bios has been reset and updated also btw.
CPU: i3 6100
Motherboard:gigabyte ga-b250n phoenix wifi
Ram: Patriot Memory VIPER 4 Series 2400MHz (PC4 19200) 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 Kit PV48G240C5K this is the ram that i had to begin with. one stick is in the machine now
Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB (2 x 4GB) 2400MHz Kit (Red) PVE48G240C5KRD This is the new kit and one of these sticks are now in the machine
SSD/HDD:Kingston ssdnow 300 120gb boot drive + another kingston 120 gb ssd same model and
a WD red 4 tb mechanial
GPU: gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1060 Mini ITX 3G
PSU:corsair sf 450 W
Chassis:silverstone RVZ01-E

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version? Mind sharing a link to the ram kit you previously purchased and the newly purchased rams?