Issues with random shutdowns and hard crashes.

Asmir Dzopa

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I bought a brand new prebuilt rig.

CPU I3-6100k
MB ASUS h110M-K
GPU Asus Strix RX 470
PSU Kolink 600W
RAM 8GB DDR4 of unknown brand

I had issues from day 1 when playing games. Had BSOD 5-10 times per day. Firefox would crash so hard that I had to reinstall it everytime (restarting pc would not fix it). Screen would show no signal but I could still hear the sound but it would not get signal back until I did a restart.

My current problems

Games Crash - Sometimes games crash and refuse to launch back up until a restart is performed. Sometimes it shows a memory error.

HARD CRASH - When playing games even low end games the PC will crash and nothing will be responsive for 5-10 minutes. To quickly get back to my games I ctrl+alt+del and click sign out and sign back in. That only takes about 10 seconds to do and everything is responsive again.

Random Reboot - PC will just shut off and turn back on. No BSOD. Only thing that I can see is that "PC was not shut down properly" after it reboots.

I have reinstalled windows like 5 times so far. I dont want to do it again because it does not solve my problem because even after reinstalling it can happen within an hour of the reinstall.

I have tried placing the ram in different slot. No success.

I have tried to use a different GPU but for some reason my PC does not recognize it and the screen just stays black entire time.

I dont have any spare DDR4 RAM around to try switching it out. DDR3 will not fit. Yes I tried :p

My GPU also will not come even close to fitting in my other PC.

What could be my issue? I am thinking of replacing the RAM and GPU ASAP but if it might be something else please let me know so I can try it first.

I am also a novice when it comes to hardware issues. Only thing I know is how to replace them.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Heat or power issue it sounds like. You power supply is junk so it would not surprise me if it was causing the issue. What are cpu and gpu temps? Your cracked version of windows may also be causing it and you may get this thread closed by a mod just for saying you are using a cracked OS. Also there is no such thing as an i3 6100k.

Asmir Dzopa

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017

Its not a heat issue. Temps are never above 70C. I thought that was the cause and I have installed a clean version of Windows 10 installed but the issue remains. I also think it might be a power issue. Sorry it is i3 6100 without the k :p

If you are 100% sure you have all required drivers installed (especially motherboard and GPU ones), then I would also point towards PSU failure as most likely cause. As a test, you can remove GPU and connect monitor to motherboard; then if problems still keep appearing (even though I would expect this would limit frequency) then it is PSU almost for sure.

TRENDING THREADS