Question Issues with rebooting and the fallout

coltonwooten

Prominent
Sep 9, 2019
I attempted to enable DOCP in in the Ai Tweaker menu to boost my ram to 3200mhz, and when I tried to save my settings and reboot, my PC went into a cycle of rebooting but never posting. It didn't output any video through the DP cable. This has happened before after being turned on, but never in the middle of a reboot, and it was fixed by a hard reset.

During this period of reboot cycling I hard reset a total of five times, during which it booted in safe mode after failing to post, I tried rebooting with the same settings hoping that it would work. It began reboot cycling again, and it booted in safe mode again, after which I decided to reverted to optimized defaults. This worked and windows booted, but my PC started making some sort of groaning sound as it rebooted, which it hadn't done before.

I'm out of the house for now and I'm going to do a more in depth inspection when I get home. Where would I begin just to make sure I didn't damage anything? Are there any programs that I can use to run diagnostics on the health of my PC hardware after my moment of tech-illiteracy? If it keeps doing this after tonight, what should I check first?

coltonwooten

Prominent
Sep 9, 2019
full system spec?

The CPU is an Athlon 200ge paired with its stock cooler, and I'm using the Vega 3 iGPU. I'm replacing it with a 3600 once I order and receive a 5700 xt.

The motherboard is an asus B450-f gaming.

The monitor is a dell s2719dgf, connected to the on-board graphics DP port.

The ram sticks are 3200mhz 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGBs.

Im using a 1tb Intel 660p as a boot drive along with a 3tb Seagate Barracuda for storage.

I have a Ubit gigabit wifi card with Bluetooth installed in a PCIE slot. There's an ASUS DRW optical drive installed as well.

The PSU is a bronze SeaSonic 620w Evo edition. It's all in a Cougar MX330.