Question Issues with Resolve after the new Insider Preview of Win11! I need help!

Sep 23, 2021
I need help. My DaVinci Resolve stopped playng audio and even showing the waves, what i should do?
I have screen rec.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associate with DaVinci Resolve's stoppage.

Reliability History provides a timeline format so any issues likely will begin at or just after you installed the preview.

That said, remember that Windows 11 is a preview. And installed software and drivers are indeed likely to stop or otherwise not work as before.

It may start working "tomorrow" after some fix or update either by Microsoft and/or DaVinci Resolve.

And something else will stop or otherwise not work correctly.

What you should do is just keep trying things and looking. Keep notes.

You may discover some fix yourself or someone else could do so and post accordingly.

All "fixes" may not be the same......

Sep 23, 2021
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associate with DaVinci Resolve's stoppage.

Reliability History provides a timeline format so any issues likely will begin at or just after you installed the preview.

That said, remember that Windows 11 is a preview. And installed software and drivers are indeed likely to stop or otherwise not work as before.

It may start working "tomorrow" after some fix or update either by Microsoft and/or DaVinci Resolve.

And something else will stop or otherwise not work correctly.

What you should do is just keep trying things and looking. Keep notes.

You may discover some fix yourself or someone else could do so and post accordingly.

All "fixes" may not be the same......
Thank you for your help! I updated windows again and nothing appeared to be working. This issue started days ago. I watched the log and everything seems to be fine. The main Problem is that I have a 60 subs hyper-small YT channel and I cannot upload content bc i need to do some things on Resolve, Adobe Premiere hasn't some features: peoples started unsubscribing, I'm at 44 subs now.

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately you may need to revert back to Windows 10.

Especially if you are dependent on having subs.

Preview OS or application software should be tested in a test environment versus a production environment.

Not everyone has that as an option or capability so the next best approach is to use a second drive that can swapped in or perhaps a virtual machine environment.

So if things do not work out, as in your situation, you can simply reinstall the original drive and continue working (uploading content) as normal.

And as always, ensure that everything important is backed up, recoverable, and proven readable.

TRENDING THREADS