Question Issues with ryzen 5 3600x

Sep 9, 2020
Hello, i have weird, separate issues with this CPU. Apart from jumping voltage and processor operation in boost mode all the time(in bios game mode is off) this cpu is just too cold - in idle max temperature is 30C, in games like witcher 3 or ac odyssey max is 45, after 15min OCCT test max 64C(it looks pretty normal tho).

When i changed minimal state of processor in power plan to 5% and maximum to 99%(I read that this will help with the voltage spikes) temperatures dropped drastically, in games to 33C and after OCCT 15min test max 43C. I used different temperature measurement programs but they all gave the same reading(bios too, in idle in bios motherboard is hotter than cpu ~25C-cpu, ~27C-motherboard.

My rig:

Msib450 tomahawk max,
ryzen 53600x,
Gtx 1050ti.
cooler Be quiet!dark rock 4,
2x8GB adata spectrix d41(xmp to 3200),
Seasonic core gc650w,

I have decent air circulation inside case (4 fans) but that does not explain such low temperatures. Bios is up to date, memtest, occt and few other programs show's no errors but im sure that something is not right(they write about high temperatures all over the internet in this cpu but mine is drastically cold). Let me add that i'm pretty new at pc's and maybe im doing something wrong. Thank you all in advance for help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Include the version of BIOS your motherboard is currently on. What are your ambient room air temps? If the temps are unanimous across the board with the numbers you've stated above, then I think you should sit back and game on.

dimtodim

Reputable
Hello, i have weird, separate issues with this CPU. Apart from jumping voltage and processor operation in boost mode all the time(in bios game mode is off) this cpu is just too cold - in idle max temperature is 30C, in games like witcher 3 or ac odyssey max is 45, after 15min OCCT test max 64C(it looks pretty normal tho).

When i changed minimal state of processor in power plan to 5% and maximum to 99%(I read that this will help with the voltage spikes) temperatures dropped drastically, in games to 33C and after OCCT 15min test max 43C. I used different temperature measurement programs but they all gave the same reading(bios too, in idle in bios motherboard is hotter than cpu ~25C-cpu, ~27C-motherboard.

My rig:

Msib450 tomahawk max,
ryzen 53600x,
Gtx 1050ti.
cooler Be quiet!dark rock 4,
2x8GB adata spectrix d41(xmp to 3200),
Seasonic core gc650w,

I have decent air circulation inside case (4 fans) but that does not explain such low temperatures. Bios is up to date, memtest, occt and few other programs show's no errors but im sure that something is not right(they write about high temperatures all over the internet in this cpu but mine is drastically cold). Let me add that i'm pretty new at pc's and maybe im doing something wrong. Thank you all in advance for help.
what is ambien temp?

Sep 9, 2020
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with cooler Be Quiet Dark Rock 4
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
Ram: ADATA 16GB (2X8GB) 3200Mhz Cl16 XPG spectrix D41 RGB
SSD/HDD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
GPU: MSI GTX 1050Ti
PSU: Seasonic Core GC650W
Case: Silentiumpc Signum sg1 tg (2 stock fans, 2 be quiet pure wings 120mm Fans)
Bios: 3.60 AMD AGESA Combo - AM4 1.0.0.5

Ambient temperature is like 19-24C.

Sep 9, 2020
I just want to make sure everything is fine and I can use my computer without any problems. The temperatures seem too low and I wonder if maybe the temperature sensor is broken or something like that, but the air comes out of the case is actually cold . When I was building this pc a few drops of thermal grease fell from the sides of the CPU while installing the cooler but I took everything off and cleaned with the appropriate alcohol so maybe it caused such strange for me temps but I don't think so.

Sep 9, 2020
I launched prime 95 and weak stress test, clock speed stuck in 4,2ghz and temperature raise above 77 degrees but after maybe after one or two second temperature was again 29-31, is it possible for the temperature to drop so quickly on this cpu?

Last edited: