Issues with Ryzen 7 1700

SARUJIO

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Okay, so a while back I built a PC with a ryzen 1700, an MSI x370 gaming carbon, 2x8 ddr4 corsair vengeance lpx (3000 mhz), and an asus strix gtx 1080. For the first month I used this build, it worked perfect, but suddenly started giving me a BSOD shortly after booting. It reads "critical process died" a lot of people tell me it's the ram, and while I do believe them, I have no way to test this as I cant seem to boot into safe mode, only the windows logo loads, and then I get the BSOD, any help will be appreciated.

Solution
there could be many reasons for this error.
Most of them related to corrupted windows files or storage related issues.

Try to reset the BIOS and see if it helps
Make sure you are running the latest BIOS version
You can make a bootable widndows flash drive (same as installation) and use it to repair windows.
Completely reinstall windows.

If you want to be sure it's not the RAM - remove one of the sticks.
If problem persists, remove the other and place the first one in a slot that was not in use before.
if the problem persists (after fresh windows install) you have some faulty HW - can be anything.
there could be many reasons for this error.
Most of them related to corrupted windows files or storage related issues.

Try to reset the BIOS and see if it helps
Make sure you are running the latest BIOS version
You can make a bootable widndows flash drive (same as installation) and use it to repair windows.
Completely reinstall windows.

If you want to be sure it's not the RAM - remove one of the sticks.
If problem persists, remove the other and place the first one in a slot that was not in use before.
if the problem persists (after fresh windows install) you have some faulty HW - can be anything.

Solution

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Look at the reviews from newegg, amazon, reddit etc. etc. Do your own research. When you see 100s of reviews crying out the same sort of stuff for the boards from all the makes, something is going on. I had to RMA a Asrock AB350pro4 whatever and it developed that random hard freeze crash etc. after 6 months. It seems a lot the complaints seem to track to earlier production boards the trend is that it seems to be improving. But if you are unlucky, you are going to get a bad board.

lul ...
your sources are not reliable.
Those issues can be on 0.00000001% of total units sold.
Your personal experience is also not representative and not relevant.
So it would be better if you'd avoid comments like your original one here. It's nothing more then FUD.

P.S.
I can bet you tried to overclock 5-8 core ryzen to 4GHz at 1.4v on that anemic MB. All hail amateur reviewers claiming tat A350 is fit for overclocked 6-8 core CPUs.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018

Yep ignore the facts that people have reported. Good job. I doubt there is even 1 billion unit sold, try harder with the lying. 0.00000001% is not happening. It more likely 1 out 10. There will be no data at this point in time since none of the oem. manufacturers are going to come forward and publish real return rates.

BTW the board was keeling over on stock clocks on stock voltage. The so called "amatuer" reviewers are not the problem, the problem is manufacturers are lying and hire comment trolls to help provide smoke and cover for them.

I ignore the peoples reports as 50% of population have double digit IQ. And from the rest, very few have knowledge about HW (hence "would my RGB GAMING dust filter bottleneck my liquid cooled mouse" questions).
1 of 10 or 1 of 10000...0 is speculation without data. sorry you don't understand that number of 0 was picked randomly.
Usual HW failure rates are somewhere in single digit %.
you can read this example of reliable data https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Most-Reliable-PC-Hardware-of-2016-872/#Motherboard
or this older but much larger one
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/108284-huge-list-of-failure-rates-on-pc-components-french-but-i-translated-nearly-everything/

That's reliable statistical data, not some comments. Don't forget that people tend to share their negative experience much more than positive. So even 50% negative feedbacks, can mean just 2% of real problems.

And stop seeking conspiracies where there are none.

P.S.
you can do with the above info whatever you want/able to. This discussion is already way of the topic.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018

By the time that data is reliable, it would have been too late. 50% negative reviews usually means there are more failures than just 2%, even if the angry customers are the ones reporting.

I'll let you know I've dealt with 4 AM4 boards in past 6 months. 1 was DOA, that was an Asus. The other one was the ASrock that started failing BSOD, random hangs after 6 months. That is a 50% fail rate. Something is NOT right with the manufacturing process. Obviously my sample size is small, after all it is just myself, but thru the years (socket 7, A, socket 370 939, 775, 1155, 1151, etc. etc.) , building many machines, for myself, friends, and family, this sudden uptick, if the true failure rate is 2%, it should not be so easy for me to observer by random bad luck so easily.

That is when I started looking at other peoples reviews, and that is when you are seeing 30% bad reviews all crying about real failures. These recent failures really stands out, and it is not limited to any single brand or board manufacturer.