Question Issues with storage detecting

Chandler5704

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
For reference, my pc is a few years old and has been running windows off of an HDD. I also have another SSD in my system.
I just purchased an NVME and put windows on it, but now neither of my other two drives will detect. When I take the NVME my PC goes back to how it was before as if nothing ever happened, but with the NVME in it’s just like a brand new pc with only one drive.

Anyone know how to fix this or if I did something wrong?

For reference, my pc is a few years old and has been running windows off of an HDD. I also have another SSD in my system.
I just purchased an NVME and put windows on it, but now neither of my other two drives will detect. When I take the NVME my PC goes back to how it was before as if nothing ever happened, but with the NVME in it’s just like a brand new pc with only one drive.

Anyone know how to fix this or if I did something wrong?
What motherboard?

Is there a way to enable them again? Or is it a motherboard model thing where some just disable SATA slots for the NVME
Look at page 16 in the manual.
There is a chart that shows which ports aren't available depending on what is installed in the M2 slot.
All you need to do is power down....and switch the cables at the motherboard to ports that are available.

Reactions: Chandler5704

Chandler5704

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
Look at page 16 in the manual.
There is a chart that shows which ports aren't available depending on what is installed in the M2 slot.
All you need to do is power down....and switch the cables at the motherboard to ports that are available.
For some reason whichever I choose to boot with is the only storage I have access to.

TRENDING THREADS