Question Issues with WD 12TB Gold HD

vbwx

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
Hello, I bought a WD 12TB Gold HD about a year and a half ago, and 6-7 months I started to notice noises from the hard drive while playing games that are installed on that HD with a 2 seconds freeze.

That has lasted for a month, and then every freeze turned out to last 1-3 minutes (the game not responding at all) and the hard drive is making noises like a semi-trailer, terrible grinding noises.
When the game would unfreeze the noises from the HD would also disappear.
It also created an error event in the log viewer:

Logs: View: https://imgur.com/a/JGK4LUz
note: No pictures have been duplicated, every image is a unique log error regarding the same HD.

The HD passed the tests in the store, I downloaded and bought HD sentinel license, ran random long intensive and it passed, also passed the write test.
It says that the HD’s health is 100%.
The store also tested it and it passed everything.
They did say that it made unusual noises and this is even written on their “lab check paper” that I still keep.

I gave up back then and just installed my favorite games on my ssd and for the rest of the time (maybe 7 months) have never occurred a single freeze.
The HD always makes noise since then even though it’s in idle and empty for 7months.

Motherboard: Asus IX Formula
PSU: Seasonic Fully Modular 750w

I kinda gave up on this, I don’t know what to do anymore and the store says that the HD is ok and I sometimes feel like throwing it to the garbage and buy a different one from a different store.

Can someone maybe come to my rescue? I paid a lot for it and it feels like a lost battle.
I also use an original Sata 3 cable that came with the Asus formula IX Motherboard.

vbwx

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
I would contact Western Digital online support and start an RMA process, sending the details of the problem despite the normal test information. They should replace it or at a minimum provide you with a sufficient solution.
If you could guess who is the culprit, who you say it’s most likely the hdd or something else?

vbwx

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
I'd say given the disk error in the event log, and 1-3 minute near freeze /lock-up conditions would qualify as 'abnormal' regardless of the disk drive passing other tests..

Get it replaced while you can...
The store refused even though I gave them the pictures.
Is the only other option is going to court?