[SOLVED] Issues with windows font changes

huzed

Commendable
Jun 2, 2017
So I want to change the default windows font to sans forgetica. However when I do the register edit it will not work, and the entire system starts looking a bit off. I have done system restores and reinstalled everything just in case but the font does not seem to want to work.

Is there a workaround or anything to make it work?

Solution
What registry edits are you using? Provide a link to the page where you got the information.

Always make a backup of your registry before editing it (and know how to restore it if needed). I would also recommend creating a Restore Point beforehand but those are less reliable.

I just used the registry file from Option One here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/67931-change-default-system-font-windows-10-a.html
On the last line I entered "Sans Forgetica Regular" which is the font name once installed. Afterwards I logged off and back into the user account and it looks fine to me however I only briefly tested it.

8Ghtp4v.jpg

Note: Option Two on the page (link above) allows you to restore...

gardenman

Splendid
What registry edits are you using? Provide a link to the page where you got the information.

Always make a backup of your registry before editing it (and know how to restore it if needed). I would also recommend creating a Restore Point beforehand but those are less reliable.

I just used the registry file from Option One here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/67931-change-default-system-font-windows-10-a.html
On the last line I entered "Sans Forgetica Regular" which is the font name once installed. Afterwards I logged off and back into the user account and it looks fine to me however I only briefly tested it.

8Ghtp4v.jpg

Note: Option Two on the page (link above) allows you to restore the font to normal. You have to log off/log back in before changes take place.

Changing the system font is one of those things that I personally wouldn't recommend because it could cause issues one way or another down the line.

Solution