Issues with wired Ethernet connection

Oct 6, 2018
Hello, for a few years now I have been using a TP link TP-PA411 wired Ethernet connection which was working fine while I was living at home. I have recently moved into a house with some uni friends and, before they moved in my upload/download speeds were fine (20 upload and 30 download) however, now all 6 of us have moved in in starting to have issues. My current speeds are 0.14 download and 1.86 upload (mb/s) and (I’m not expert on this) I have been reading around and people are suggesting that the problem with the Ethernet adapters are “noise” from other appliances. The router itself is plugged in next to the TV box, PS3 and other hardware devices and my room is situation behind the kitchen just down the hall, so past all of the kitchen appliances too. What do you think I should do in this situation ? I’ve read that Ethernet PCIe adapters are meant to be an OK alternative ?

I should also mention that my motherboard is a Z97x and is only Ethernet compatible.

Thanks.

racksmith101

Respectable
It's general forum courtesy not to bump your own posts, but that aside how is everyone else connecting to your router/modem? Powerline adapters can suffer if lots of appliances especially ones with motors or heaters are on the same circuit can generate noise on the AC sine wave. You also may find that it may just be the amount of users using the same net connection.