Question Issues with XFX RX 590 Fatboy again.

Aug 29, 2020
Hello again, I'm having the same issues with my graphics card as before: Question - Issues with XFX RX 590 Fatboy 8gb, What's going on? | Tom's Hardware Forum and I'm opening up a new thread because the last one didn't really go anywhere.

I was recommended to get a new power supply, so I did, a Corsair CX750M V2 grey label, and the issue wasn't solved, though I found that some of AMD's extra settings (Enhanced Sync, Anti-lag, etc) sometimes cause issues similar to these, and when I did a fresh install and turned off those settings, things went perfectly well for months, and now it's suddenly happening again for seemingly no reason.
What ends up happening is that my GPU works completely fine, and seemingly at random, freezes up or suddenly stops displaying for no reason. It's done this twice in two days, both times I was playing The Forest when it happened. I haven't noticed any issues in frame drops or any discrepancies performance-wise, and window's event viewer doesn't really tell me anything relating to the issue. I'm on Adrenalin 20.11.2 as of right now, but I'm not sure if the drivers make any difference either because this issue has happened on several other versions of drivers as far back as 20.2.2.

Thank you in advance.

The problem is that your GPU might have been affected by the previous PSU. Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure. You did the right thing to change it irregardless of not solving the issue.

If you can still send the GPU for RMA then I suggest you do. If not, as suggested above, sell it to miners and get a new card that is not the power hog named 590.

Aug 29, 2020
The problem is that your GPU might have been affected by the previous PSU. Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure. You did the right thing to change it irregardless of not solving the issue.

If you can still send the GPU for RMA then I suggest you do. If not, as suggested above, sell it to miners and get a new card that is not the power hog named 590.
Is there any card you'd recommend? I don't really have too much of a budget to work with at the moment, I got the 590 for like $200 a year ago and thought it was a steal.