Question Issues with XMP profile after overclocking

Aug 9, 2022
Hi guys,

I tried almost everything and I need wise ideas to solve the issue with my RAM.

So here's the story.

After installing Windows 11. I decided to OC GPU and RAM a bit (I'm not the pro, but done that before). My system specs you can find below:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 3600 Mhz (CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 2x16GB)
Aorus x570 Ultra
RTX 3080 FE, 10 GB

I was doing that in DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.7.3. After changing timings I saved the changes in bios. Most probably the program calculated the wrong values, so I was unable to load my pc for 10 minutes, (it was always a black screen, without any noises from the pc), then my XMP profile started to work incorrectly.

I tried to clear CMOS a few times - didn't help
I've installed previous versions of bios - same story.

With XMP profile my speed went down to 1798mhz.
The most funniest thing that when I'm turning off XMP profile I'm getting the same values.

Maybe someone faced the same issue before. I had something alike previously, but after a few restarts everything came back to normal (with a default settings for XMP).

Cheers!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you elaborate on how you did this?

Please do not downgrade your BIOS, if any always make sure you're on the latest version.

When overclocking and manipulating timings, you're advised to disable X.M.P and then manually input timings, frequency and voltage.

Aug 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you elaborate on how you did this?
I did that manually with a screwdriver on the motherboard.

Please do not downgrade your BIOS, if any always make sure you're on the latest version.
Thanks for the advice.

When overclocking and manipulating timings, you're advised to disable X.M.P and then manually input timings, frequency and voltage.
I guess I forgot about this and mixed everything up. But the main question is how to make it work correctly? Any suggestions?

Aug 9, 2022
1798 is normal for 3600 ram sticks
I would share the screen from from CPU-Z. I don't think the values that I'm seeing there are right. But I can't add pictures due to error.

program isnt magic, it shows you possibilities for that memory IC, it also shows you several profiles, you just picked up faster profile than your ram IC can handle
For sure, mate. No blame to the program :)