it always takes two attempts to boot up windows

a new problem has come about my pc takes two attempts for windows to start so basically I turn on my pc it show the normal stuff when you turn on a pc it shows a windows loading white thing in a black background then my mouse turns off then my monitor can't find a signal but for whatever reason when I click the reset button on my pc to restart.then everything works can you please help I wanna fix this cause I know it's an issue and for some odd reason it ALWAYS works on the second try which is quite odd if you ask me

Solution
or the problem is caused by old drivers that don't like the new power schemes in win 10, its fairly common. Since newest drivers for motherboard are win 8, probably a few drivers don't like fast startup.

what it does is this. With fast startup on, the PC isn't actually off when you shut it down. its asleep, What it does is saves a copy of all running drivers into ram + a copy of the kernel so when PC restarts, its already loaded things and is meant to speed up old hdd. Down side is if drivers not written for that feature, you get all sorts of weird things happening.

Turning fast startup off is a fix but not really an ideal one if you boot off a hdd as it will slow it down a little. Beats having to restart though.

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
First unplug all non-booting hard drives (since hard drives use a lot more current when spinning up, than they do when they are spinning at normal speed).

See if that solves the problem.

Unfortunately you will have to continue to swap out components until you find the faulty one.

here are my specs idk the psu though

Pc specs

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-6300
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI 760GM-P23(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1)
Graphics
HP 22cwa (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA )

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0

Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

my dad has like 3 or 4 spare computers in the storage building I will have to talk to him about it though and idk how he will react about my pc having these issues lol

I chose turn off fast startup now lets see what happens

that's so weird I turned fast start off and now it works on first attemp dude that is so weird so is that my issue?

Colif

Win 11 Master
or the problem is caused by old drivers that don't like the new power schemes in win 10, its fairly common. Since newest drivers for motherboard are win 8, probably a few drivers don't like fast startup.

what it does is this. With fast startup on, the PC isn't actually off when you shut it down. its asleep, What it does is saves a copy of all running drivers into ram + a copy of the kernel so when PC restarts, its already loaded things and is meant to speed up old hdd. Down side is if drivers not written for that feature, you get all sorts of weird things happening.

Turning fast startup off is a fix but not really an ideal one if you boot off a hdd as it will slow it down a little. Beats having to restart though.

Solution