[SOLVED] it appears i've hit a wall with what cpu is suitable for my motherboard

Jimmy1997

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
So lately i've made the decision (after 10 years) to upgrade my 10yr pc seeing as i've grown tired of running low graphics on a game that is not guranteed to run with my current hardware. Anyway my current cpu is amd a6-6400k (2 threads and 2 cores) but the thing is a cpu with 8 threads and 4 cores may not even run on my pc as my current hardware is old and kinda bad.

this site here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Asus-A88XM-E/7254#Build
has some possible builds for my pc however the cpus it recommends are either pretty outdated or have 4 threads and 4 cores. what i'm interested in is knowing whether my pc can run a cpu with 8 thread and 4 cores and what changes i need to make for it to not burn my motherboard or pc.

and as always i dont know how to upload images or files on this site regarding specs for my pc/motherboard etc.

just FYI highest A-10 is rough equivalent of ryzen 1300X so you might get 2/3'rd gen ryzens when 5'th series will come for cheap.
before you get much stronger cpu, make sure your psu can handle it. if not, it's better to grab newer set.
good luck!

TRENDING THREADS