[SOLVED] It could take years for GPU prices to return to normal?

fordongreeman

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
It could take years for GPU prices to return to normal?

There is an RTX 3080 on newegg right now for $3,800

This is horribly unfair to people who use GPU's for reasons other then crypto mining.

Nvidia needs to address this.

Solution

This is horribly unfair to people who use GPU's for reasons other then crypto mining.

This thread should be set as a discussion rather than a question.

Besides that this is true but honestly business is business as what my cousin would say. Like Nvidia doesn’t care about their fan base honestly and more focused on the money they earn.

But we can’t just blame Nvidia for all the GPU prices, Covid is another blame too since a lot of people have been shopping online due to COVID. Even old generation cards same goes with AMD had prices raised up as well for example, a 1050 was about 70 dollars...

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018

This thread should be set as a discussion rather than a question.

Besides that this is true but honestly business is business as what my cousin would say. Like Nvidia doesn’t care about their fan base honestly and more focused on the money they earn.

But we can’t just blame Nvidia for all the GPU prices, Covid is another blame too since a lot of people have been shopping online due to COVID. Even old generation cards same goes with AMD had prices raised up as well for example, a 1050 was about 70 dollars a year ago and now it’s hitting mid 100s, a 970 was low 100s now it’s close to 200.

I’m not interested with the new RTX line ups and I’m still sticking with the 10 series, while back then I remember 1070s would max cost be at least 300 dollars if used on eBay, nowadays they’re even hitting 400 dollars worst if it were new which is not worth it IMO. I was lucky when I came across a hybrid 1070 upgrading from my 970 which was only at 290 dollars on eBay.

A gtx 1660TI was on sale for about 250 dollars and it had 10 in stock on Newegg and my cousin was going to buy while I was there watching him. Right when he got into the payment and just finished it wouldn’t process through, he then refreshed the page and it went out of stock within half an hour, damn……

Budget building is nearly impossible nowadays IMO but if the prices were to go back to what is was before then it would be. Honestly there is no telling when things will go back to normal only time will tell….

Right now luck more needed.

Have a good day.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS