It is hot to the touch but Afterburner displays normal temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2018
I did not find even 1 question just like this one. I have a Asus n580vd-dm160t, Intel core i7 7700hq 2,8 GHz 4 core, nVidia GTX 1050M 4GB, 16 GB RAM. My laptop has 2 fans that can reach from what speedfan displayed 5500 rpm. SpeedFan, MSI Afterburner and HWInfo are displaying temps around 59 C° while playing demanding games like Assetto Corsa at MAXIMUM SETTINGS. But what scares me is the area between the top of the keyboard and the display that gets Really hot.I did not experience any fps drop at all or sudden shutdown .
But why displayed temperatures are low while gaming but it is much Hotter to the touch???
Do I have to worry about any damage??

Thanks.

Solution
The part you mentioned is likely hot due to being where the heatsink for the GPU or CPU is located. If you're not getting any FPS drops due to thermal throttling, shutdowns due to overheating and software is telling you temps are safe, i wouldn't be concerned. 59c under load in Gaming is fairly good temps, particularity for a laptop. Just keep an eye out for any thermal throttling or shutdowns but other than that i wouldn't worry about it. Hot to the touch is normal, i have an Acer notebook with only onboard graphics and an i5 and it gets warm to the touch in the same area, that's the headsink doing it's job. Hope this helps! :)

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
The part you mentioned is likely hot due to being where the heatsink for the GPU or CPU is located. If you're not getting any FPS drops due to thermal throttling, shutdowns due to overheating and software is telling you temps are safe, i wouldn't be concerned. 59c under load in Gaming is fairly good temps, particularity for a laptop. Just keep an eye out for any thermal throttling or shutdowns but other than that i wouldn't worry about it. Hot to the touch is normal, i have an Acer notebook with only onboard graphics and an i5 and it gets warm to the touch in the same area, that's the headsink doing it's job. Hope this helps! :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS