Question It is safe to use mixed dual PSU ?

Jun 26, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
It is safe to use RM850, 850watt 80+ gold with seasonic prime 1300, 1300watt 80+ platinum for dual PSU setup ?

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
It is safe to use Corsair RM850, 850w, 80+ Gold, with Seasonic Prime1300, 1300w, 80+ Platinum for dual PSU setup ?

Not sure why you need such high power, but I assume you are using it for dual desktop under single casing, yes there wouldn't be an issue, but I recommend to have the same PSU cable used for single desktop instead of mixing it around.

Jun 26, 2020
Not sure why you need such high power, but I assume you are using it for dual desktop under single casing, yes there wouldn't be an issue, but I recommend to have the same PSU cable used for single desktop instead of mixing it around.
No, i use single desktop not dual desktop, and this is super extreme computer, run with 4 GPUs, and that processor only use 190w with 2 processor in motherboard is 380w, and also motherboard itself use 180w, absolutely needs about 1900w, and also it is single desktop with 2 case, maybe 1 more case in the future, 1 case for motherboard, and 1 case for 4 GPUs and 8 HDDs, of course all GPUs using PCI riser, it's something nearly same with "Linus $100,000 PC for 6 editors" you can find it in Youtube, before this i was finished super computer with 2 gpu in one desktop, but with same PSU, 2x Cooler Master v1000, and I am not sure with use 2 PSU with difference brand, wattage, and 80+ rating

Jun 26, 2020
You need to seriously investigate the actual power available at the wall.

Don't know where you are, but in the US, much north of 1500 watts from a single residential outlet or circuit is asking for the breaker to pop.
No, I am not live US, I live in China, and my home power capacity is 14500 watts, also dedicated 25a for my computer lab, note 220v

Jun 26, 2020
You need to seriously investigate the actual power available at the wall.

Don't know where you are, but in the US, much north of 1500 watts from a single residential outlet or circuit is asking for the breaker to pop.
And substancially you absolutely not answer my question

USAFRet

Titan
"It is safe "
Meaning..."Can it be done?"

The answer is Yes, probably.

The real question is....Can YOU do it?

The other question, as I mentioned earlier...actual house circuitry. The total available in the house is not the same as what is available on individual circuits.
Unless the physics in China is different than the rest of the planet.

Good luck, I'm out.

Jun 26, 2020
I am asking is dual PSU with difference wattage and 80+ ratings can damage my system ?, because my GPUs is theorytically use power from motherboard PCIe slots and 8 pin, wich is come from difference PSU wattage and eficiency ratings, also difference manufacture, and I am sure it is safe if use same brand and wattage.
Theorytically that 80+ platinum PSU is more stable than 80+ gold PSU.

TRENDING THREADS