It is worth to buy old components?

Jul 6, 2018
Hey guys.So i have an old prebuilt hp system its model is hp pavilion p6 series an today i upgrade my gpu to a Zotac GT 1030 2gb low profile and i teasted to fortnite and i had a lot of framedrops i guess its for my bad ram which is 4gb ddr3[4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz] and my cpu Intel core i3 2120.Now i want to upgrade my ram but i dont know what to bye because i have an 300w psu and my mobo is Foxconn 2ABF.[If you can help would be appreciated]So i want to do this upgrade for my pc to bee better for gaming and not building another pc now because i dont have a lot of money.Now my thought is to wait 3-4 months which I will have about 400 euros [I live in Greece] to build a new pc with old components because i dont want to spend a lot of money and my onther thought is to raise money to build an extreme pc in the future [by future i mean 1 year or so].But i think its a better idea to build an old pc with components like this AMD FX-8350,HyperX Fury Red 8GB DDR3-1333MHz,[I already have the gpu Zotac GT 1030] for around 400 euros, and i think this i a better idea because i have heard that the next NVDIA gpus are coming out in a few months or years so if i built that 'old' beast system i would be good for my gaming experience for at least a year.Thats my thoughts Please tell me if its a good idea to build an old beast or just upgrading the ram of my old pc.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks.

Solution
Here's my issue. You can spend money now on a new CPU, and more DDR3 ram. Problem is that money is wasted. CPU and DDR3 ram won't move to a new system. Buy a new PSU, buy a better GPU sure. A 1050TI will move to any new system you build next year. But buy another 4GB stick of DDR3 and you'll have to toss it when you build again. The only way I'd spend money on that system right now is if the parts are either used and way cheap, or it something that will move over to a new system like the GPU or PSU. If you can get a 4GB stick of ram for 10 euros, or find a 2500 for 20, then go for it. But I wouldn't spend a lot of money on something you aren't using next year.

4745454b

Titan
Here's my issue. You can spend money now on a new CPU, and more DDR3 ram. Problem is that money is wasted. CPU and DDR3 ram won't move to a new system. Buy a new PSU, buy a better GPU sure. A 1050TI will move to any new system you build next year. But buy another 4GB stick of DDR3 and you'll have to toss it when you build again. The only way I'd spend money on that system right now is if the parts are either used and way cheap, or it something that will move over to a new system like the GPU or PSU. If you can get a 4GB stick of ram for 10 euros, or find a 2500 for 20, then go for it. But I wouldn't spend a lot of money on something you aren't using next year.

Solution
Jul 6, 2018

Ok thanks for the help!