Question IT Monitor LG 34WN650-W issues after setup as second monitor ?

Jun 2, 2021
Recently, I got a problem with my LG 34WN650-W monitor.

Before I use only one monitor, then, I go to my computer bios to change the setting to enable multiple displays to use another display.

After I setup it as a second monitor along with a Samsung monitor, then, I sleep my computer. When I wake it up from sleep mode, the LG monitor crashed with the problem with beep sound as in the video. Even now I do not connect any signal cable to my lg monitor just plug the power cable. It still run this crash black screen.

I try to power cycle the monitor many times but cannot resolve the problem. Try to use another DVI and HDMI cable but no use. I don't know how to fix the problem.

Below are my computer technical details and the video of monitor issue.

Monitor issue video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3aSYh5B3HA

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz 16.0GB 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Manufacturer: NVIDIAChip Type: GeForce GTX 750DAC
Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Display Device Approx. Total Memory:4029 MB

Please help me to solve the problem. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Can you please state the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Have you tried working with the panels you think are faulty, on a donor system(PC or laptop)? Out of curiosity, what did you change in the BIOS to enable dual monitor setup? If you're on a discrete GPU, the GPU should have two ports that natively support both monitors, meaning you didn't need to tinker with BIOS, instead just connect the two monitors to discrete GPU outputs.

You might want to power down the system, disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing, see if that helps.

Jun 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Can you please state the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Have you tried working with the panels you think are faulty, on a donor system(PC or laptop)? Out of curiosity, what did you change in the BIOS to enable dual monitor setup? If you're on a discrete GPU, the GPU should have two ports that natively support both monitors, meaning you didn't need to tinker with BIOS, instead just connect the two monitors to discrete GPU outputs.

You might want to power down the system, disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing, see if that helps.

Hi Lutfij,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I did not mention that even now I do not connect any signal cable to my lg monitor just plug the power cable. It still run this crash black screen.

I don't think the problem now comes from my pc.

I have changed the setting in my bios from disable -> enable multiples screen.

I have tried on other system Window laptop, Mac laptop but it still happens.

Thanks.