Jan 2, 2020
CPU i5 4590S

GPU ASUS STRIX GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC

RAM DDR3 4GB 1600MHZ X 4

MOBO ASUS H97 PRO GAMER

HARDISK 1TB SEAGATE BARACUDDA

POWER SUPPLY 500 WATT

Your hardware is still very capable.
The video card is your weakest component, followed by your hard drive.
If that were my system I would install a 256GB or larger boot drive for most used programs and a new install of windows. It will greatly reduce boot times and be snappier opening and closing programs loaded on it.
Your video card is most important for gaming. A 1060 6GB or better is needed for solid 1080p gaming.

bros barber

Reputable
Jan 2, 2020
Your hardware is still very capable.
The video card is your weakest component, followed by your hard drive.
If that were my system I would install a 256GB or larger boot drive for most used programs and a new install of windows. It will greatly reduce boot times and be snappier opening and closing programs loaded on it.
Your video card is most important for gaming. A 1060 6GB or better is needed for solid 1080p gaming.
thx for your opinion...

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
You can upgrade to i7. Also you have only 4 gb of ram, when now recommended 16 gb. If you upgrade cpu, then gtx 1070 level card, should increase performance a lot. Ssd also makes system more comfortable to use. If you have crapy psu, also upgrade it.

I think they have 4x4GB RAM according to their posted specs.

I'd skip the 1070 (as much as I like my 1070 ti) and go straight to the 1660 (Super/ti) if going with a graphics card upgrade (assuming within budget). Pascal cards getting fewer as time goes on, and PCPartPicker not showing many available new. Slightly different consideration if going with used, of course. Be aware of the PSU requirements for a new graphics card too.

You may find this of interest for Fallout 4 specific info: https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2182-fallout-4-cpu-benchmark-huge-performance-difference

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I agree with the others here, is up to you to know if the system is power/responsiveness is enough for your needs.
Since I believe you have 4x 4GB of RAM (16 GB total), you could upgrade your GPU and your CPU.
But before you do that you need to share with us the brand and model of your power supply (PSU).

If your PSU is from a well known maker and have good ratings, then you could try to upgrade to something like a GTX 1060 6GB, Radeon 580/590 8GB, GTX 1660, GTX 1660 Super, or the Radeon 5700.

Thing is, at this point your CPU will start to struggle and will have a hard time to keep it with your new GPU, specially in cpu demanding games, so thats why a new cpu could also bring new life to your system, and a core i7 4770 or similar is one of the best options to consider. You should avoid the K parts since second hand ones use to go for the same price of a new cpu+mobo+ram.

You could also go the Xeon way.

But in short you need a CPU that have 4 cores and HT enable (so it can handle 8 threads).

Heres the list of all supported CPU of your mobo: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H97PRO_GAMER/HelpDesk_CPU/

Jan 2, 2020
Lag on loading ? Or playing? If loading try adding ssd drive..huge jump in performance. Internet speeds play huge if online game. Ram is fine. Same with video card. What video rez are you at?

bros barber

Reputable
Jan 2, 2020
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I agree with the others here, is up to you to know if the system is power/responsiveness is enough for your needs.
Since I believe you have 4x 4GB of RAM (16 GB total), you could upgrade your GPU and your CPU.
But before you do that you need to share with us the brand and model of your power supply (PSU).

If your PSU is from a well known maker and have good ratings, then you could try to upgrade to something like a GTX 1060 6GB, Radeon 580/590 8GB, GTX 1660, GTX 1660 Super, or the Radeon 5700.

Thing is, at this point your CPU will start to struggle and will have a hard time to keep it with your new GPU, specially in cpu demanding games, so thats why a new cpu could also bring new life to your system, and a core i7 4770 or similar is one of the best options to consider. You should avoid the K parts since second hand ones use to go for the same price of a new cpu+mobo+ram.

You could also go the Xeon way.

But in short you need a CPU that have 4 cores and HT enable (so it can handle 8 threads).

Heres the list of all supported CPU of your mobo: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H97PRO_GAMER/HelpDesk_CPU/
after reading all the comments i decide that to build a new pc :p

As rock B450 steel legend
Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Apacer Panther ssd 240gb
Psu Dk 6.0 600watt 80 bronze
Apacer Panter 2x8gb ddr4
1tb seagate baracudda hdd
Asus Strix Gtx 1050ti 4gb oc (still using same gpu) no budget

bros barber

Reputable
Jan 2, 2020
Lag on loading ? Or playing? If loading try adding ssd drive..huge jump in performance. Internet speeds play huge if online game. Ram is fine. Same with video card. What video rez are you at?

Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Apacer Panther ssd 240gb
Apacer Panter 2x8gb ddr4

bros barber

Reputable
Jan 2, 2020
I think they have 4x4GB RAM according to their posted specs.

I'd skip the 1070 (as much as I like my 1070 ti) and go straight to the 1660 (Super/ti) if going with a graphics card upgrade (assuming within budget). Pascal cards getting fewer as time goes on, and PCPartPicker not showing many available new. Slightly different consideration if going with used, of course. Be aware of the PSU requirements for a new graphics card too.

You may find this of interest for Fallout 4 specific info: https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2182-fallout-4-cpu-benchmark-huge-performance-difference

Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Apacer Panther ssd 240gb
Apacer Panter 2x8gb ddr4