[SOLVED] It will take at least 10 years for GPU prices and availability to return to normal?

Solution
Intel, TSMC, Samsung and others have ~10 new fabs that should go into production within the next two years. I'd say there is a fair chance we may see some degree of normalcy return to the market in 2023.

Worst case, I expect IGPs to become available with RTX3070 class performance by the time we get to 3nm and still be plenty good for most games at decent details and frame rates at 2.5k resolution. With FOVEROS and other 2.5/3D assembly techniques, we're likely going to see CPUs with 16-64GB of eDRAM to eliminate the need for a stupidly fast and wide external memory bus in mainstream systems and laptops. For people who need more memory, I can easily imagine memory expansion add-in boards making a comeback with PCIe 6.0x16 providing up...

InvalidError

Titan
Intel, TSMC, Samsung and others have ~10 new fabs that should go into production within the next two years. I'd say there is a fair chance we may see some degree of normalcy return to the market in 2023.

Worst case, I expect IGPs to become available with RTX3070 class performance by the time we get to 3nm and still be plenty good for most games at decent details and frame rates at 2.5k resolution. With FOVEROS and other 2.5/3D assembly techniques, we're likely going to see CPUs with 16-64GB of eDRAM to eliminate the need for a stupidly fast and wide external memory bus in mainstream systems and laptops. For people who need more memory, I can easily imagine memory expansion add-in boards making a comeback with PCIe 6.0x16 providing up to ~120GB/s bandwidth in both directions, enough to keep up with quad-channel DDR5-8000 in a 50-50 read-write ideal case.

Solution