Question It wont boot

evrx

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
Hi i hope somone can help me,

My pc was working for 3 years just random crushing casued by a broken pin in the cpu socket , the crushing started to appear more than usual so i bought cafe lake and 9th gen cpu , i brought 8th gen cpu to upgrade the bios , the pc wont boot , half sec spin fans and nothing after , i tried everything on another pc (rams , psu , 9th gen cpu, gpu) they worked fine , so i refunded the cafe lake and the 9th gen , and bought same mobo i had at the first (GA-Z170X-Gaming 3) but same issue the pc wont boot half fans spin and nothing after .

Specs:
Cpu: i7 6700k
Motherboard : GA-Z170X-Gaming
Gpu:Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 GB
Rams : VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MH
Ssd/hdd: m.2 ssd 250gb and 1tb hhd
Psu: Corsair cx750

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Let's start with you posting specs to your build. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the make and model of the PSU as well as it's age. As for your build, please mention all the parts that you've swapped out or replaced since the original build to help keep track of what's been done to it and if anything else went awry. Are you working with a prebuilt system like that from HP or Dell? If so,(since you posted this thread in the Prebuilt & Enterprise section) you're fine letting us know what the make and model of the prebuilt is alongside it's SKU.

Note the CPU socket, again, for any bent or broken pins.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's a bit hard to follow your explanation. Also some missing info like GPU that might be helpful.

In any case, the second CPU would never work on that H310 motherboard unless the BIOS was updated to F12. What BIOS version did you have?

evrx

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
It's a bit hard to follow your explanation. Also some missing info like GPU that might be helpful.

In any case, the second CPU would never work on that H310 motherboard unless the BIOS was updated to F12. What BIOS version did you have?
Yea i knew i brought a 8th gen cpu just to upgrade the bios but it wont boot same issue but when i tride the 9th gen cpu on another pc it worked , how ever i refunded the cafe lake mobo and the 9th gen cpu , and bought same mobo i had and same issue ,