it wont overclock

rollebolle

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Hi,
I have tried overclocking my Intel DualCore E2140 1.6 GHz without success for some time now. I never even manage a post.

I have a pretty cheap MSI mobo that only lets me change FSB, NB and memory voltage (the CPU voltage seems to be set automatically).

I have tried everything from a moderate increase to just 210 Mhz (deafault is 200), up to 330 which is max what my memories can handle. I have also tried "sweeping" NB and memory voltages between reasonable values.

Anyone has any ideas why it wont work? I have a very stable 380W PSU, and good cooling so I dont think it is that. As said, nothing happens at startup, no post, so I have to clear the BIOS.

Thanks in advance!

dorrito64

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
RolleBolle, the problem also might be in the fact that you said you had a cheap mobo. and i agree with megamanx00 that you need to tell us more information about your motherboard and memory. If you really have issues, i can put you in contact with a friend of mine

dorrito64

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
from what i've learned, either you might need to build a new computer if you want to overclock or settle for little to know overclocking.