It would be really, really nice if ...

Of course, I'm sure I'm not the first poster mentioning this, not by a long shot. And I rate my chances of it being implemented along the same lines as me winning a lottery (if I ever bought a ticket for a lottery).

I really would like to be able to use my profile and find - at the very least, threads started by me.

Having made several thousand posts on other people's threads, I can't really use any lookup (or the super-smart Google search of the entire Tom's site with my handle as a keyword) to find threads I've started and that may have some good answers.

I can see that allowing 3rd parties to look at a user's post history will present a few issues (not as many as the convenience that posting histories present users on other sites), so I won't ask for that, but for the very limited subset of threads started by me.

And with that, it's off my chest again - hope is funny that way, it keeps arising. :)

Solution
You know if you click forum, then see all threads, then "More" along the top, you can put post author in and see every post by that person.

Pro tip: if you put YOUR name in there you can see all of your posts!

Actually, no, I didn't know that. However, it's much the same as the person before you. It simply shows me the 4,900+ topics I posted on. I'm really looking for threads that I started.

For instance, I once asked about storage devices, SSDs and NVMe. Got a useful reply, but now that thread is lost in the midst of all the other gumpf.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I just did it right now, "More" then "Search By Author" and put my own name in, in quotes. All that came up was the 20 or so threads I started on my own, not the 3000+ I've posted in.

Crud, I owe you a huge apology. You're right. Thanks! Great help.