ITC Issues Import Ban on Several Models of iPhone, iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
"Samsung continues to try to block the sale of Apple products by using patents they agreed to license to anyone for a reasonable fee." Yet crapple decided that it wasn't a reasonable fee to them so they just went ahead and used it anyway. Crapple sells their icrap but I don't think the prices are reasonable so maybe I should just steal it from them and see what they think about that. Maybe a fine of $1bn is coming down the pipe for crapple.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 ( I'm assuming that doesn't include iPhone 4S) and the original iPad and iPad 2? So this is just a symbolic victory then. If those items are not already phased out, they were probably about to be anyway. Samsung may have inadvertently boosted Apple's bottom line by forcing Apple fans to buy newer, more expensive, versions of those products. But still, even a symbolic slap in the face of Apple is always a good thing.. Apple has a lot of nerve whining about their products being banned, when they wrote the book on preventing competitors from selling their products!

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Kristin Huguet should really keep up with the company she represents. I mean aren't they doing exactly the same thing with far weaker patents?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So with this ban, in another 60 days plus appeal time (probably another 6 months), Apple will have to stop selling phones (iPhone 3GS/4) and tablets (iPad 1/2) that they no longer sell. Not a waste of money in the court system at all...

Not only has Apple not seen a dime from that failed lawsuit last year, now it got slapped in the face with this. What goes around comes around. This is not about money, it's a moral story.

fernandogmd

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Apple got a billion from Samsung... Samsung passes that billion over the next batch of components that sells to Apple (maybe adds half a billion to that for added costs) ..Samsung wins all over!!!

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
If the appeal fails, then it adds another data point supporting Samsung going after Apple (and vice versa) for other similar patent violations on similar types of patents. It also paves the way for compensation - if the items were banned due to patent infringement, then it follows that those items did indeed infringe upon patents, and therefore royalties are due to the patent-holder(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS