[SOLVED] Itek GF750 EVO PCI-E connector melted

Dec 5, 2022
As said in the title, my "PCI-e 8-pin to 2x 6+2-pin" connector melted inside the PSU socket. Nothing broke except the cable itself (It was connected to a palit rtx 3070 ti gaming pro). My problem and question is: where can i buy the same connector without buying a new PSU? I can't find It, Itek use a different and probably prioritary connector type on their psu and i didn't find any. The PSU Is fine, i dont want to buy a new one only for a missing cable. Warranty ended in March and customer support/service have not aswered me yet. Itek online shop has a cable category, but Is empty... The cable has 4 Square pins on the 12v pins (3 melted and 1 Is empty by default) and 4 Curved on the other side (the One with the Little thing to clip It). This is the stock Itek cable, no adapters used or anything, It worked fine untile now. Help to find a repleacement?
wcahSvx.jpg
YJnbBBE.jpg

Solution
Unfortunately, you don't. The only option is an exact match modular power cable. Modular power cables are not universal but proprietary and only mainstream power supplies -- this is an extremely obscure brand -- get any aftermarket support, so if you can't get support from itek, I don't see a good option. While one can theoretically measure the pinouts and make their own PCIE cable, that's a very advanced, dangerous technical exercise.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Unfortunately, you don't. The only option is an exact match modular power cable. Modular power cables are not universal but proprietary and only mainstream power supplies -- this is an extremely obscure brand -- get any aftermarket support, so if you can't get support from itek, I don't see a good option. While one can theoretically measure the pinouts and make their own PCIE cable, that's a very advanced, dangerous technical exercise.

Reactions: GiusePooP
Solution
Dec 5, 2022
Thanks for the answer, i Will probably go buy a new one then... I can still use this psu for a retro PC later on