Item creation and adventuring

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in

> Richard Fielding wrote:
>> "Joseph" <void@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in

>>>You're absolutely right. The DMG states working more than eight hours
>>>a day
>>>on any item is useless. Try working on a second item on your
>>>off-hours, and
>>>even worse poof you waste all your experience points and unfinished
>>>materials. So never try that.
>>

>> Nearly right, I think, and defiantly the intention, so I wouldn't
>> suggest (or allow) it in game.
>>
>> <rules lawyer hat ON>
>>
>> However, what it actually says is that you may not work on more than
>> one item at a time. So it might be possible to make two potions in
>> one day, or spend 16 hours working on scrolls that take 8 hours
>> (maybe less if house ruled) to scribe.
>>
>> </hat>
>
> Well, my *house rule* (which is the best way of doing it) is that a
> character may spent no more than 8 hours a day working on magic items.
>
> So, he could crank out quite a few 1st level spell scrolls, for
> example.
> But only for 8 hours.
>
> - Ron ^*^

I don't think it would break game balance, but I'm out of habit of
playing so my rules sense is rusty.