Item Duping

Hi all,

Is is possible to duplicate items? My friend and I will be starting a LAN
game in the near future and I was wondering if there was any way we could
both have (or get) items like the Lantanese and or Rogue's Ring.

This is *not* to dupe items so that you get an uber character.

Thanks in advance.

jacey

Your name Here wrote:
> Is is possible to duplicate items?

yes, it is

> My friend and I will be starting a LAN
> game in the near future and I was wondering if there was any way we
could
> both have (or get) items like the Lantanese and or Rogue's Ring.

You can download one of the "character training" type modules, such as
King Dutka's "1 cool store", buy the rings there (they're 0 gp because
they're plot items), and save your characters. Not all of these
modules have those rings, though, so YMMV (1 cool store _does_ have
those rings)

or, you could spawn the items as DM

You can also write a small snipet of code that creates these items on the
PCs when they enter the mod. This may be a bit too advanced for some people
though. :(

Mailer Deamon wrote:
> You can also write a small snipet of code that creates these items on
> the PCs when they enter the mod. This may be a bit too advanced for
> some people though. :(

Well, if you're going to edit the mod why not just put two of whatever
item at the entrance point and then each pick one up when you start. No
need for a script...

- W. Citoan
--
It only makes sense that every facet of our daily lives should depend upon
the position of celestial bodies hundreds of millions of miles away.

willie

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

"Your name Here" <Your.email@here.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Is is possible to duplicate items? My friend and I will be starting a LAN
> game in the near future and I was wondering if there was any way we could
> both have (or get) items like the Lantanese and or Rogue's Ring.
>
> This is *not* to dupe items so that you get an uber character.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> jacey
Hehe some people do things the hard way. Simply save your character
with the item you want duped as <charname>(1). This dupes your character
and his equipment. Then start a game and invite your friend to join. Load it
up with your duped character and give him the item. Then bow out and re
join with the true character and he will have his item. Viola!