Evan

Should I stock up on October things like spooky and gross stuff? Are the
prices higher for seasonal items during that season?

best thing to do re: halloween stuff is wait until about a week or so after
halloween and snatch up as many of the halloween prizes as possible. by
then, almost everyone has opened their goodie bags. then sell them a couple
months later when they have quadrupled in price. I made a few million doing
that last year. Of course, if I had the patience to wait 8-10 months, I
would have doubled what I made... but oh well

:eek:)

"Evan" <musselman@voyager.net> wrote in message
> Should I stock up on October things like spooky and gross stuff? Are the
> prices higher for seasonal items during that season?

I have a bunch of 2004 unopened halloween bags still!!

moofenki wrote:
> best thing to do re: halloween stuff is wait until about a week or so after
> halloween and snatch up as many of the halloween prizes as possible. by
> then, almost everyone has opened their goodie bags. then sell them a couple
> months later when they have quadrupled in price. I made a few million doing
> that last year. Of course, if I had the patience to wait 8-10 months, I
> would have doubled what I made... but oh well
>
> :eek:)
>
> "Evan" <musselman@voyager.net> wrote in message
>
>>Should I stock up on October things like spooky and gross stuff? Are the
>>prices higher for seasonal items during that season?

for instance what are those [prizes? I have 5 bags, I am not sure i they
are from this year but I bought them a few months ago. What would be
wiser, buy some more of them?

Henny

Not anymore, a few months ago they were worth 7k, I just looked and they are
up to 14K. They generally had a piece of spooky furniture (a LOT of spyder
wardrobes, some meepit lamps I think too), a piece of ghost toast (pumpkin,
ichor etc) and I think a spooky food. Sorry for spelling errors!!

"any1" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> moofenki wrote:
>> best thing to do re: halloween stuff is wait until about a week or so
>> after
>> halloween and snatch up as many of the halloween prizes as possible. by
>> then, almost everyone has opened their goodie bags. then sell them a
>> couple
>> months later when they have quadrupled in price. I made a few million
>> doing
>> that last year. Of course, if I had the patience to wait 8-10 months, I
>> would have doubled what I made... but oh well
>>
>> :eek:)
>>
>> "Evan" <musselman@voyager.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Should I stock up on October things like spooky and gross stuff? Are the
>>>prices higher for seasonal items during that season?
>>>

> for instance what are those [prizes? I have 5 bags, I am not sure i they
> are from this year but I bought them a few months ago. What would be
> wiser, buy some more of them?
>
> Henny

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said

> for instance what are those [prizes? I have 5 bags, I am not sure i they
> are from this year but I bought them a few months ago. What would be
> wiser, buy some more of them?

You need to buy up quickly, within days of their release, to make money.
I bought 100 of last years bags and I think I paid around 3,000np each,
they are now at 14,000np. But of course there is always a risk too that
something will happen to damage the price but, like the stock market, I
guess that is all part of the fun. :)

Les wrote:
> any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
>

>>for instance what are those [prizes? I have 5 bags, I am not sure i they
>>are from this year but I bought them a few months ago. What would be
>>wiser, buy some more of them?
>

> You need to buy up quickly, within days of their release, to make money.
> I bought 100 of last years bags and I think I paid around 3,000np each,
> they are now at 14,000np. But of course there is always a risk too that
> something will happen to damage the price but, like the stock market, I
> guess that is all part of the fun. :)
I have those bags in my SDB, and it says they are retired. So I guess
they are last year's bags then ? How do I ghet the new ones? And how
will I know I got the new ones?

On Halloween you "trick or treat" around Neopia. Some (4 last year) Neopian
stores will give you a bag. They have different names if I am correct. I
have one Bag of Halloween Candy, and 3 of the bags from last year.

bodcat1 wrote:
> On Halloween you "trick or treat" around Neopia. Some (4 last year) Neopian
> stores will give you a bag. They have different names if I am correct. I
> have one Bag of Halloween Candy, and 3 of the bags from last year.

How does that work, trick or treating? In real life we have a similar
thing in november, but how does it work on Neopets?

Its just like Halloween in Canada LOL
You just wander around neopia to real shops (not user shops) and if you go
to the right ones you will get a trick or treat bag (its like a random, but
same for everyone). By 9am my time last year all the locations were posted
EVERYWHERE lol. I avoided reading them and searched myself as it was fun.
Places like "Edna", the guy on Mystery Island who tells your fortune ....
they gave last year IIRC

bodcat1 wrote:
> Its just like Halloween in Canada LOL
> You just wander around neopia to real shops (not user shops) and if you go
> to the right ones you will get a trick or treat bag (its like a random, but
> same for everyone). By 9am my time last year all the locations were posted
> EVERYWHERE lol. I avoided reading them and searched myself as it was fun.
> Places like "Edna", the guy on Mystery Island who tells your fortune ....
> they gave last year IIRC
>

> "any1" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>
>>bodcat1 wrote:
>>
>>>On Halloween you "trick or treat" around Neopia. Some (4 last year)
>>>Neopian stores will give you a bag. They have different names if I am
>>>correct. I have one Bag of Halloween Candy, and 3 of the bags from last
>>>year.
>>>

>>How does that work, trick or treating? In real life we have a similar
>>thing in november, but how does it work on Neopets?

well you know I am not in Canada or uS LOL< I am in The Netherlands.
Good, so the fact that I have made my free day on religious grounds has
a second good thing coming as well LOL

Henny

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
> Les wrote:
> > any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
> >

> >>for instance what are those [prizes? I have 5 bags, I am not sure i they
> >>are from this year but I bought them a few months ago. What would be
> >>wiser, buy some more of them?
> >

> > You need to buy up quickly, within days of their release, to make money.
> > I bought 100 of last years bags and I think I paid around 3,000np each,
> > they are now at 14,000np. But of course there is always a risk too that
> > something will happen to damage the price but, like the stock market, I
> > guess that is all part of the fun. :)
> I have those bags in my SDB, and it says they are retired. So I guess
> they are last year's bags then ? How do I ghet the new ones? And how
> will I know I got the new ones?

In previous years they have released an item on Halloween (31 Nov) that
is retired at midnight. Last year they gave away "trick or treat" bags
to everyone who visited certain pages, Edna was one place but I cannot
remember the rest.

The year before (at least I think it was the year before) they also
released bags but very late in the day after most of the non-USA had
gone to bed and they were retired at midnight and they are now worth a
small fortune.

We will have to wait and see what they do this year, if anything.