szt

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2014
I've been trying to fix a pc problem for months now. At first I was having terrible frame stutters and I've fixed the frametime. its 100% flat on the graph using rtss now. I replaced the hdd with an ssd, gpu, ram, psu and cpu cooler.
All the things seem to be running just fine but i have this weird problem in online games. the game feels very micro stuttery the entire time and it almost makes me think it's my internet which is possible, i guess. I've been running this software through cox to monitor packet loss jitter and ms. it all seems fine Aswell. The game just feels so jittery and gross. Since ive been trying to fix these problems for so long now, the only thing I havent changed out is the motherboard. Is it possible for the motherboard to cause these issues or is my internet just overly congested in the area that I'm living in. I've also bought a router with qos and fixed something called bufferbloat. reinstalled windows reset bios updated bios xmp is on no overclocks power management is on high performance I've changed out ethernet cables all drives and chipset up to date nothing bandwidth heavy running in the background
Any help would be much appreciated
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
specs
i7 9700k hyper 212 evo black edition cooler
ddr4 3600
msi z390 gaming plus 1151
800w gold psu
3070ti

szt

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2014
i have a Linksys AC2600. it's just potato?
i was reading and its possible to fix by getting one of the recommended routers?
why cant i see this problem in the imgur that i linked?
my bufferbloat grade is an A

szt

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2014
I'm just going to try to get a new cpu and motherboard to test just to ease my mind a bit before my hairline looks like the bottom half of the batman logo.
Perfect frametime but game feels like potato with no connection issues visible when monitoring

Dave8671

Distinguished
Bufferbloat is latency and its here to stay in the online gaming environment. I had it in the 90s when I played online games.

As many households increase the number of devices that connect to the Internet, and many of these devices perform data exchanges in the background, such as synching photos to cloud services, this added, and often not clearly detectable traffic can consume all capacity and impact use of time-critical applications like Skype (and other VoIP apps) by exposing them to high latencies from the bufferbloat. Smart TV's is one example. Artificial intelligence devices never disconnect.