its almost may and no k10 stuff?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Hector Ruiz said "late summer". Think July or August.
Don't plan on seeing anyting in July as that is early summer Summer begins with the summer solstice June 21'st so think more like August-September before K-10 appears.

Well, Hector said EXACTLY:

sampling to OEMs in May, shipments in June, and systems shipping in July.

I'm searching for the link.

And in case you didn't know July IS Q3 while June is STILL Q2.

AMD Conference call transcript

Dirk R. Meyer Said:
With respect to Barcelona, we started shipping pre-production -- oh, three questions. So with respect to Barcelona, we started shipping pre-production samples to customers in Q1. We anticipate shipping production samples in the current quarter and we will see customers shipping their products based on Barcelona in Q3.

There won’t be things that you will see necessarily. Of course we will be demonstrating Barcelona later on this summer. As I said, we will be shipping production samples to customers this quarter, but what really matters is customers turning around and shipping systems based on that technology.

"We started shipping pre-production samples to customers in Q1." Means they squeaked a few out by COB March 30'th the remainder went out this month.

"We anticipate shipping production samples in the current quarter." Maybe we will get them out this quarter.

"...and we will see customers shipping their products based on Barcelona in Q3." They aren't even sure they will get out production samples and you think they are going to get production units out the first month of the quarter p-l-e-a-s-e post rational thoughts not fanboism fantasy.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
It is as disheartening as watching the Pope decide to sleep in on Sunday morning because what is the use, the 2nd comming of Christ will probably just be one big disappointment if it does come. 8O

Really don't understand why this had to be brought up in such a disparraging way.

So AMD's release of information and hardware is slow this cycle, doesn't mean you have try and forcibly equate that to Christianity in anyway.

No it isn't funny, and NO it has nothing to do with this thread.

And for some of us the Second Coming will not be a disappointment.

Actually - it was quite funny...

I found it offensive, but hey, it's the Internet...

You mean that's why I pay little attention to your offensiveness?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Hector Ruiz said "late summer". Think July or August.
Don't plan on seeing anyting in July as that is early summer Summer begins with the summer solstice June 21'st so think more like August-September before K-10 appears.

Well, Hector said EXACTLY:

sampling to OEMs in May, shipments in June, and systems shipping in July.

I'm searching for the link.

And in case you didn't know July IS Q3 while June is STILL Q2.

AMD Conference call transcript

Dirk R. Meyer Said:
With respect to Barcelona, we started shipping pre-production -- oh, three questions. So with respect to Barcelona, we started shipping pre-production samples to customers in Q1. We anticipate shipping production samples in the current quarter and we will see customers shipping their products based on Barcelona in Q3.

There won’t be things that you will see necessarily. Of course we will be demonstrating Barcelona later on this summer. As I said, we will be shipping production samples to customers this quarter, but what really matters is customers turning around and shipping systems based on that technology.

"We started shipping pre-production samples to customers in Q1." Means they squeaked a few out by COB March 30'th the remainder went out this month.

"We anticipate shipping production samples in the current quarter." Maybe we will get them out this quarter.

"...and we will see customers shipping their products based on Barcelona in Q3." They aren't even sure they will get out production samples and you think they are going to get production units out the first month of the quarter p-l-e-a-s-e post rational thoughts not fanboism fantasy.

You're right. They shouldn't be expected to do anything right or on time. They are AMD after all. Thank you for showing me the light.

Actually, as long as the 2900XT is decent, ATI should be fine. Although 8800GTX is awesome, its not where the majority of the market is. If they can retake the mid level with good pricing and features (and maybe better Vista/DX10 support), they should be in great shape. The same is probably true for AMD. Although Penryn may have the performance crown, a decent showing by Barcelona will at least get some cash in their pockets.

65nm only took AMD to 3.0ghz, and many were hoping that it would go further.

http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/

I see 2.6GHz 65nm rated at 5000+ and 3.0GHz 90nm rated at 6000+.

Errrr, I am wrong! Thanks for the correction. AMD's 65nm isn't as good as what I give it credit for.

90nm ftw.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
It is as disheartening as watching the Pope decide to sleep in on Sunday morning because what is the use, the 2nd comming of Christ will probably just be one big disappointment if it does come. 8O

Really don't understand why this had to be brought up in such a disparraging way.

So AMD's release of information and hardware is slow this cycle, doesn't mean you have try and forcibly equate that to Christianity in anyway.

No it isn't funny, and NO it has nothing to do with this thread.

And for some of us the Second Coming will not be a disappointment.

Actually - it was quite funny...

I found it offensive, but hey, it's the Internet...Speaking of the pope, i saw a show that some pope in the 12th century named every pope and their number up until pope benedict, then he says the end. Poe\pe Benedict is supposed to be the last real pope, the next one will be the anti christ and destroy the cathlic church

TRENDING THREADS