[SOLVED] Its bad if i have a stick of ram with 1.35 volts and other with 1.50

Mar 31, 2020
I had only a stick of 4 gb of ddr3 ram at 800 mhz and i ordered another one since i had space for another stick, and it ran and still runs great,but i discovered right now that one stick is running at 1.35 and other at 1.5 ,it is bad ?

Solution
That is still not actual voltage

If you want to find the actual voltage as of right now, you need to be looking in the sensors section.

But hosnestly, there's not a lot of reason to spend hours searching for that value, since you are not experiencing any problems.

Both RAM stick will without a question be running at the same voltage, regardles of the information porgrammed into the RAM modules themselves.

What the actual voltage is right now, would most likely be both sticks running at either 1.35v OR 1.50v, but not different voltages at the same time
Mar 31, 2020
Usually DRAM voltage is a single value set for all sticks of RAM, with no option to send different voltages to different RAM sticks at the same time.

What motherboard do you have?

What is the make and model of both RAM sticks?
Asrock H81M-DG4
Dual channel ddr3 Crucial Technology Pc3-12800
Thanks dude for helping me out

The voltages shown, are not the actual voltage right now. It is inforamtion stored in the RAM that shows what voltage they are supposed to be run at.

I suspect the RAM is not purchased as a single kit of two matched RAM sticks, otherwise it would be somewhat unconventional, that they require different voltages

The actual voltage reading would be the one set in BIOS.

If you want to read the actual voltage they are currently running at from Windows, you can use HWInfo to read the actual current voltage - like seen in my picture here

That is still not actual voltage

If you want to find the actual voltage as of right now, you need to be looking in the sensors section.

But hosnestly, there's not a lot of reason to spend hours searching for that value, since you are not experiencing any problems.

Both RAM stick will without a question be running at the same voltage, regardles of the information porgrammed into the RAM modules themselves.

What the actual voltage is right now, would most likely be both sticks running at either 1.35v OR 1.50v, but not different voltages at the same time

Solution
What I would personally do, is to go to BIOS at set DRAM voltage to 1.35v.

I have a feeling, that that is probably the setting already. If you experience no issues with a DRAM voltage of 1.35v I would personally prefer that over 1.50v

The lowest stable voltage is preferable in my opinion

If you have any issues, 1.50v is the setting to use

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS