Build Advice It's been almost 11 years since my last build.

Sh4x

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2012
After doing some research for the past few weeks to get my self more up to date with the current state of PC parts this is the build i came up with.
Any help about compatibility, optimization or any useful information would be much appreciated. :)

CPU
Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor

CPU Cooler
MSI MPG CORELIQUID K360 V2 77.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z790-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

Memory
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory

Storage
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card
Asus TUF GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card (Might go for a 4090 instead, not sure yet)

PSU
Seasonic Vertex PX-1200 (Mid December release, RTX 40-ready ATX 3.0 & PCIe Gen5 power supply)

Case
Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit

Monitor
ASUS ROG Strix 27” 2K HDR Gaming Monitor (XG27AQM)

I did not chose any RGB fans yet because i'm not sure which to get. If you guys have any ideas about this and what fans to use with this setup i would greatly listen to your advice.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
All that follows is without knowing your budget.

I have seen warnings about certain MSI liquid coolers, but can't recall which or the exact details.

No problem about DDR5, but are you sure how much bang you get for the bucks of going up to 6400 speed?

Optional idea: 2 SSDs. OS and apps on a smaller fast PCIe 4.0 NVMe like the Samsung; data on larger cheaper NVMe; probably PCIe 3.0 or maybe even 2.5 inch SATA.

Is Win 11 the same price as Win 10? I wouldn't pay extra for it, but I wouldn't deliberately avoid it either.

Sh4x

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2012
All that follows is without knowing your budget.

I have seen warnings about certain MSI liquid coolers, but can't recall which or the exact details.

No problem about DDR5, but are you sure how much bang you get for the bucks of going up to 6400 speed?

Optional idea: 2 SSDs. OS and apps on a smaller fast PCIe 4.0 NVMe like the Samsung; data on larger cheaper NVMe; probably PCIe 3.0 or maybe even 2.5 inch SATA.

Is Win 11 the same price as Win 10? I wouldn't pay extra for it, but I wouldn't deliberately avoid it either.
Budget is around 4k to 5k CAD which is around 3,800 USD (not including the monitor) and for the ram it's currently on sale for 230$ USD. $90.00 rebate here in canada. I thought it was worth it.

Last edited:

Joe Gallo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2015
You did great all reputable brands and products, very balls to the walls so you can save a bit if you need to. If you don’t care to much on pricing or there’s a deal you’re after there may be more feature rich and stronger coolers. Still not a bad pick however.

You’d save a buck if you just got integrated rgb fans, from a trusted company (cooler master fractual, Corsair, lian li).

Just be wary of what games you play and their performance on windows 11 there’s a bit of problems in that area. It may be wiser and cheaper to save a buck get windows 10 and update to windows 11 after they get sorted out. However You would lose out on performance and power efficiency from raptor lake by going windows 10.

One final thing it may be more aesthetically pleasing and less of a hassle if you kept all your or as much of your rgb under one brand as well.

Sh4x

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2012
You did great all reputable brands and products, very balls to the walls so you can save a bit if you need to. If you don’t care to much on pricing or there’s a deal you’re after there may be more feature rich and stronger coolers. Still not a bad pick however.

You’d save a buck if you just got integrated rgb fans, from a trusted company (cooler master fractual, Corsair, lian li).

Just be wary of what games you play and their performance on windows 11 there’s a bit of problems in that area. It may be wiser and cheaper to save a buck get windows 10 and update to windows 11 after they get sorted out. However You would lose out on performance and power efficiency from raptor lake by going windows 10.

One final thing it may be more aesthetically pleasing and less of a hassle if you kept all your or as much of your rgb under one brand as well.
First, thanks a lot for the feedback it's very much appreciated, but i have a question. What do you mean by integrated rgb fans? Do you mean, standard fans that comes with the case or can we get the case with RGB fans already installed on it?

Joe Gallo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2015
First, thanks a lot for the feedback it's very much appreciated, but i have a question. What do you mean by integrated rgb fans? Do you mean, standard fans that comes with the case or can we get the case with RGB fans already installed on it?
No problem whatsoever!

Both are possible depending on the case you choose. for example I just bought a cooler master haf500 it comes with 3 rgb fans in the box and 2 of them are pre installed as well, cabling and everything.