[SOLVED] Its my PC compatible with gtx 1660 !

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Hey guys, i really need some help here, i would be really glad and i would really appreciate it if someone will actually tell me something....
-Im thinking of purchasing a new graphic card (gtx 1660 6gb), but before i thought i would ask someone what actually the graphic card require. I dont have any special pc but thats the mainly reason why am i asking this. Would the graphic card work perfectly on my pc or whatelse.... I will write down the system details and lets hope you guys can help me out.

Processor: i5-4440 3.10ghz
RAM: 8gb (2x4 ddr3)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MODEL H81M-S
Power supply: 500wat

Im looking forward to get some answers. Thanks.

Solution
D
I wouldn't recommend using that thing regardless of its 80+ rating, that means nothing when it comes to PSU quality.

You can choose to use it with the new GPU, but don't be surprised if it craps out and takes your entire rig with it since it has no protections.

Buy a Corsair CX (2017 model -- look for gray "CX" units, not green) 550W or 650W at least.
Hey guys, i really need some help here, i would be really glad and i would really appreciate it if someone will actually tell me something....
-Im thinking of purchasing a new graphic card (gtx 1660 6gb), but before i thought i would ask someone what actually the graphic card require. I dont have any special pc but thats the mainly reason why am i asking this. Would the graphic card work perfectly on my pc or whatelse.... I will write down the system details and lets hope you guys can help me out.

Processor: i5-4440 3.10ghz
RAM: 8gb (2x4 ddr3)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MODEL H81M-S
Power supply: 500wat

Im looking forward to get some answers. Thanks.
the gpu is fully compatible with your build.The only thing that bothers me is that psu.500W doesnt mean its some super psu that can handle a beast of a gpu like rtx 2080.In most of the cases 500W is trash,unless its a Corsair,evga,seasonic or some really good brand.Please list FULL make/model of your psu.

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
the gpu is fully compatible with your build.The only thing that bothers me is that psu.500W doesnt mean its some super psu that can handle a beast of a gpu like rtx 2080.In most of the cases 500W is trash,unless its a Corsair,evga,seasonic or some really good brand.Please list FULL make/model of your psu.
I just got the powersupply box, as i said, im not looking for a rtx2080, but ive seen to many posts and ive asked to many people about the graphic card and the power supply, they all said that a 500wat powersupply its enough for gtx1660. Because thats the graphic card i want to purchase. The powersupply model its LC500H-12 v2.2 (You can look it up on google) Its not like a famous brand or something.

Jun 20, 2020
I would recommend against it. That is an office power supply unit as far as i can tell it has no efficiency certification. i would not game on it. youre going to pull a lot of extra power from the wall to power your 200 watt GPU and 100+ watt cpu + board and other devices. it might also result in unstable an unstable system if it cant push power consistently to the GPU.

unless its a 80+ bronze/silver/gold 500w power supply dont do it.

(80 PLUS refers to its efficiency meaning 80% or more of the power pulled from the wall makes it to the parts. all of the other 20% is lost in HEAT and a few other things and is bad for your system)

D

Deleted member 2720853

I wouldn't recommend using that thing regardless of its 80+ rating, that means nothing when it comes to PSU quality.

You can choose to use it with the new GPU, but don't be surprised if it craps out and takes your entire rig with it since it has no protections.

Buy a Corsair CX (2017 model -- look for gray "CX" units, not green) 550W or 650W at least.

Solution