It's official: AMD X2 6000+ frags Intel quad core Qx6700

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
FLASH NEWS!!!!

FX-74 in 4x4 outperforms QX6700 in video encoding by 37%.

Giant said..
Core 2 Quad Q6600 frags FX-74 4x4 setup. Yes. One 2.4Ghz CPU from Intel frags two 3Ghz CPUs from AMD. 4x4 CPUs

Actually, in Video Encoding FX-74 frags intel QX6700

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2065499,00.asp

From the benchmark above,

QX6700 -> DIVX Video encoding = 100 seconds
However, if you want to encode more than one video for example 2 DIVX videos, therefore you will waste about 200 seconds

FX-74 -> DIVX Video encoding = 126 seconds
But, with AMD FX-74, you can perform multiple tasks at the same time.
So, you will get only 126~130 seconds to encode 2 DIVX videos at the same time

Conclusion,
In hardcore videos encoding benchmark, FX-74 is 37% faster compare to Intel QX6700.
EDIT: Link updated, so it will jump directly to the video benchmark.

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Well, let them buy the AMD chips. SOMEONE hast to buy them or we won't have the competition. He's doing us a favor! And wasting his life in the process, what more can you ask for?

God bless you, Sharidork. Erm... Sharikork.... Whatever.

kitchenshark

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Who the **** runs apache on windows.

Heh...I do.

Can never get Apache installed on Linux... My sanity and available time usually runs out before I can get Apache installed properly on Linux. That may change though in a little bit. I DO want Apache on Linux...

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
In Matlab, Pro/Enginer, SolidWorks, and Apache web server benchmarks, the X2 6000+ frags the Intel QX6700 quad.

In file compression, audio encoding, the difference is around 5%. The only thing Intel qaud showed some real advantage is video encoding.

K10 will whip the crap out of Intel's double cheeseburger architecture.

Remember folks, you heard it here first! :lol:

Please give me a link.

K8 frags the world's fastest DT processor

Doesn't that prove Intel's CPU is faster?

kitchenshark

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Now there's a coherent response...

If it's meant to deride my technical abilities, well, it isn't very effective...about as effective as the source commercial. LOL.

Anyhow, I don't have the attention span required to wade through the alphabet soup that is Linux most days. How in the HECK is anyone supposed to get anything done when you install one alphabet soup package and then find out you need TWO more to make it work...then another one or two to make THOSE work...gods. Linux is a mess.

EDIT: Though my brother in law recently gave me BSD 4.0. It's solved at least the stability issues I was having with Linux so as soon as I clear out some space on my network I'll be able to maybe give it a try.

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I read somewhere that Sharidouche's blog is just a social experiement - some college student posting the sort of mindless nonsense he does just to study how rabidly fanboi's will defend their respective products...still doesn't make him any less of a wank...

halbhh

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
But I like double cheeseburgers! :lol:

Damn, I swear half the posts on these forums are sarcastic remarks about our favourite Doctor. He's entrenched into our minds, arghhhh! :lol:
I thought I was your favorite Doctor? :lol:
This forum is too silly to be taken seriously.

Yeah. I end up either bored with endless fanboy stuff from people who think someone else is the fanboy (psychological projection), or else just slightly funny stuff (to me) which was not meant as a joke or self-satire, but comes across that way finally. Even the constant witch hunts (for "fanboys") aren't even distressing in the end, since they are comical actually -- how seriously can you take someone that needs to find a demon and denounce him, when the subject matter is computer chips. Now *that* is funny.

But...ya got nice link finding to interesting stuff elsewhere, so I come back to read the links.

Major_Spittle

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
I found the link to his benches.

There is no scale or info on that graph!!! That is probably encoding time and intel one. Either that or it is zoomed in on the end of the graphs and only represents a <1% difference in performance. :cry:

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
It is actually the very tip of the graphs. I made the graphs in a really high tech program using eight 22" widescreen monitors, but I knew if I posted it at native resolution, your puny Intel machines couldnt handle the size and would crash. So I cropped it for ya.

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
It is actually the very tip of the graphs. I made the graphs in a really high tech program using eight 22" widescreen monitors, but I knew if I posted it at native resolution, your puny Intel machines couldnt handle the size and would crash. So I cropped it for ya.

And I bet anyone trying to view the full size graphs on an Intel based laptop would have an EXPLOSION on their hands due to overheating Intel CPUs. :lol:

fletch420

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
wow- I know people that have worked for AMD and they were not even that much of a fanboi-
this thread is so comical I can't even come up with a flame that is worthy on this "i luuv amd thread"
Here's a real test buy a few K of those GREAT K8's and build some rigs and put em up on ebay and see how long they sit. I'll build a few more C2D rigs and see how long they sit- now thats a real benchie-

bwhahahahahahahaahah

And no I am not really an intel fanboi- i owned an amd rig before i graduated college and got a real job, thus i can afford a real rig..hehe- really the amd rig was pretty good as well for ut's time.

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
Yes... those particular benches were singlethreaded, FPU heavy apps against a clock speed that is a deficit.... not an unexpected result. Though, as our good doctor typically does, picks the corn out of crap and generalizes it to a false conclusion.... no amount of pshycological treatment will help him.

Exactly. He picks tests that don't take advantage of the four cores of the C2Q and then claims that Intel's quad core can't scale properly. :lol:

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
Yes... those particular benches were singlethreaded, FPU heavy apps against a clock speed that is a deficit.... not an unexpected result. Though, as our good doctor typically does, picks the corn out of crap and generalizes it to a false conclusion.... no amount of pshycological treatment will help him.

Exactly. He picks tests that don't take advantage of the four cores of the C2Q and then claims that Intel's quad core can't scale properly. :lol:

The funniest thing was when he said the X2 3600+ is only 10% slower than the QX6700 in GPU bound single threaded gaming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006

And I bet anyone trying to view the full size graphs on an Intel based laptop would have an EXPLOSION on their hands due to overheating Intel CPUs. :lol:

Now your getting the idea!