It's official: AMD X2 6000+ frags Intel quad core Qx6700

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
In Matlab, Pro/Enginer, SolidWorks, and Apache web server benchmarks, the X2 6000+ frags the Intel QX6700 quad.

In file compression, audio encoding, the difference is around 5%. The only thing Intel qaud showed some real advantage is video encoding.

K10 will whip the crap out of Intel's double cheeseburger architecture.

Remember folks, you heard it here first! :lol:

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
But I like double cheeseburgers! :lol:

Damn, I swear half the posts on these forums are sarcastic remarks about our favourite Doctor. He's entrenched into our minds, arghhhh! :lol:

mrmez

Splendid
PhD... Playa Hatin' Degree

Well... i obviously cannot vouch for the authenticity of these but i can only HOPE that K10 does smash Intel.

This will get AMD some more $$$ which they will use to make better chips, and may cause Intel to speed up development/product life cycles a little. Prices are also likely to fall for most products south of mid market.

So if true... its good news all round. :D

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Damn, I swear half the posts on these forums are sarcastic remarks about our favourite Doctor. He's entrenched into our minds, arghhhh! :lol:

In the absence of any real news (slow news week), we entertain ourselves with senseless references of comedy and lunacy.....

Sorta like flipping channels and the only thing that catches our attention is an old re-run of the Three Stooges.Jack......you should be ashamed of yourself....comparing him with the 3 Stooges...They offer real entertainment. :wink:

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
In Matlab, Pro/Enginer, SolidWorks, and Apache web server benchmarks, the X2 6000+ frags the Intel QX6700 quad.

In file compression, audio encoding, the difference is around 5%. The only thing Intel qaud showed some real advantage is video encoding.

Please give me a link.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006

Please give me a link.

K8 frags the world's fastest DT processor

TheMold

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
And read what you link.

Quote from the Article:

Conclusions

It's actually simple: Intel's current core is really better than that of AMD. Whether it's a fair 64-bit application, or an older 32-bit one; whether it's multi-way (multi-core) optimized, or is single-threaded classics. In almost every situation Intel Core 2 outperforms old AMD K8 even in its DDR2 modification. And this is so natural: a new core beats an old one anyway. On the other hand, this doesn't mean the show is over. One company just released new-core processors slightly earlier than the other. We've seen that before many times. Those who need the best performance here and now should select the current leader. And the followers of certain vendors may wait a bit all right, until it acts in return. And judging by our experience, we are sure AMD is bound to act...

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
YES!!! The E4300 beats both the 6700 quad and AMD 6000+ as far as the best in energy consumption...

:oops: . o O (sorry)
nah... that would probably be one of our beloved PhD arguments if Penryn completely annihilate K8 (given K10 has not been released, which is highly unlikely).

Dr. Phd: "as you can see here, even the newest generation Intel processor, armed with 45nm and EIST, still fragged by a X2 3600+ in idle power. Thus it can be easily concluded that Penryn is still inferior than K8"

ok... i can really see him posting that up...

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
:? needs concurrent benches to validate it :? thats some significant scoring by comparison. but how real world is it? the gaming benches look skewed. :?
well the point of this benchmark was to use "new calculating method" to assess performance between processors. the numbers may look a little weird to most of you guys.

but the point of this thread is to conclude that K8 does indeed frag Core 2 in CAD applications and web server application. Thus, according to the doctor, we can conclude that K8 is indeed superior than Core 2, even if Core 2 was released 2~3 years after K8.

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
It's actually simple: Intel's current core is really better than that of AMD. Whether it's a fair 64-bit application, or an older 32-bit one; whether it's multi-way (multi-core) optimized, or is single-threaded classics. In almost every situation Intel Core 2 outperforms old AMD K8 even in its DDR2 modification. And this is so natural: a new core beats an old one anyway. On the other hand, this doesn't mean the show is over. One company just released new-core processors slightly earlier than the other. We've seen that before many times. Those who need the best performance here and now should select the current leader. And the followers of certain vendors may wait a bit all right, until it acts in return. And judging by our experience, we are sure AMD is bound to act...

Gotta love that title eh? My favorite part was the fact AMD lost pretty much every single benchmark, yet the title implies amd "frags" intel quadcore.

On a side note, can I submit my severance pay for the time I just wasted in my every important life reading that? :p

TheMold

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
11 points is a Frag? And another quote

Excluded I/O scores from SPEC tests for Maya, Pro/ENGINEER, and SolidWorks, as they only reflect disk subsystem performance. We are naturally not interested in these from the angle of CPUs benchmarking. While these I/O scores will be added to the detailed report (Microsoft Excel format), they won't be considered in total score.

Those are the CAD/CAE test. I wouldn't call it anything a frag if excluded from the final scores.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005

I thought I was your favorite Doctor? :lol:
This forum is too silly to be taken seriously.

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Who the fuck runs apache on windows. Still, AMD barely won any and the power consumption was less on a Qcore than a dual core 8O

Edit: 64bit windows?

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
average.png

Look like on that one the 6600 is better

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Who the **** runs apache on windows. Still, AMD barely won any and the power consumption was less on a Qcore than a dual core 8O

Edit: 64bit windows?

Lol, the ones who need PHP an ASP mix on the same server and those aren't few.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
It's official: my coffee mug has the best power consumption vs. my monitor.

Ow rly!?! You oc your monitor?

I just oc my coffee in the morning, and is realy hot!... for about ten min then the temp drops.

If i want more perf for my job the i raise the sugar level about 1.5 spons and oc more ... on air!

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

If this is true, good for you for your next home server.

The thing is that I don't much use Apache Web Server at home, but encode a crap load of video.

I guess my next cpu will still be Core2Quad over A64X2. :twisted:

We'll see about BARCELONA when we all have numbers, until then this is only wind. You know, everybody know it's there but nobody can touch it. :lol:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

If this is true, good for you for your next home server.

The thing is that I don't much use Apache Web Server at home, but encode a crap load of video.

I guess my next cpu will still be Core2Quad over A64X2. :twisted:

We'll see about BARCELONA when we all have numbers, until then this is only wind. You know, everybody know it's there but nobody can touch it. :lol:Yeah, someone broke wind... :x :x