Question It's Steam's Winter Sale Again

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
anyone spent the time yet to skim through and see what all is included?

I am looking for that hidden gem buried between all the AAA stuff. Feel free to share what you've found :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
What a coincidence. I was just browsing the STEAM's page, and stumbled upon the Winter sale page. I might get these games, but I still have not yet decided.

Red Dead Redemption 2. Pretty good AAA gem of a game. 67% off now. I just played the first 2 levels on my friend's PC. Blown away by the graphics, voice acting, and the story setting.

DEATHLOOP.

Crysis 3. Yeah, I know this is a very old game, but I lost access to my old steam account with which this game was tied. So I will get this awesome FPS once again. Already beaten this game before though.

The same with
Battlefield 4 game as well. Added to my wishlist.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Love the Nordic/VIKING setting.

Back 4 Blood. 70% off.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022). But the game is still very expensive to purchase. $60 USD. In fact all COD titles have not seen much of a price drop. They never do.

Damn greedy Activision. The above title is still very new so I can understand why the publisher has not slashed the price, but the game is not THAT good either. Reviews and feedback are kind of mixed, mostly on the negative side.
But COD games still sell like hotcakes mostly for the Multiplayer part. I only play the Single Player campaign story mode though.

What games are you looking for in this sale though ?

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
sadly, i can't play FPS games. i get seriously motion sick really fast with them.

i like 3rd person adventure type games but am not really interested in spending countless hours walking around just trying not to die from the elements. i know this is popular but just does not interest me.

my favorite is probably hack n slash games. loved darksiders, and similar games. just love button mashing and insane combo kills :)

also still enjoy my old RTS games but does not seem like anything new is coming along to keep it going. the Dawn of War series was awesome , Command & Conquer was also fun.

Btw, I'm interested in buying Mass Effect: Andromeda PC game since it has discount right now, a whopping 84%. Shall I grab this title ? What do you guys think ? Worth playing ?

I have never played Andromeda before though. ME1, ME2, ME3 are pretty much in my game library, and I have already beaten them. When it comes to Andromeda, I'm getting mixed reviews/feedback on this game. I think the devs changed the core ME gameplay formula as well ?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i got 1,2 and 3 for free a month ago, but have yet to try them out. i thought about this one as well to get them all in my library.

i have the base game of Dragon age inquisition as well and there is a nice bundle with that included with all the dlc. both for less than $10

might grab it just cause.

couple reviews i read about andromeda say the combat is different with a more maneuverable character but i did not see anyone saying it was game breaking, just different from first 3

I have only played Just Cause 2 and 3. Read somewhere JC 4 is not that good of a game, and the keyboard bindings are a mess, and some keys cannot be assigned to other functions, lol. Even some of the keyboard binding keys share the same function, and conflict each other.

I'm not sure whether the latest patch gives us the ability to remap some of the keys as well. Else, I'm not touching this unoptimized game. Even some QUEST scripts are broken/buggy, which breaks the gameplay progression.

Maybe the game's story and the setting is pretty good, but these tech issues break the immersion. It's a shame that game developers these days release unfinished titles.

Last edited:
SALE is now over, and I already bought those titles, except for DEATHLOOP game. I watched some early gameplay videos, and I didn't like the art design, theme/story and even the voice acting in this game. I also think this title gets boring and repetitive after some time.

Speaking of sale, I also bought Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, and
TINY TINA's Wonderlands, from Epic Games store/EGS though. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is so much fun, and this game has top-notch voice acting, dialogue, and sense of humor. And Billions and billons of GUNS ! :D

If you like Borderlands franchise, then this might suit anyone's taste. It's a very addictive FPS, and humor aside I'm really enjoying this shooter.
Ashly Burch actually voiced TINA in this game. Excellent voice actor !

Last edited: