[SOLVED] Its time for an upgrade

Spoon1675

Commendable
Apr 18, 2019
Alright, so I've had my custom-built pc for over, I want to say 4 years now, she may be a little old, but she runs youtube just fine. However I think it is high time to get a new one, but I'm sure we all know the absolute herculean feats needed to get even a decent graphics card.

• CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: GTX 1060 GB
  • MOTHERBOARD: B450M GAMING PLUS (MS-7B87)
  • RAM: 16gb (overclocked to some extent)
  • HDD: 1TB Drive
  • SDD: 500GB 860 EVO

• It's been some time since I even thought about brands of components so I cant get all of them
My question is: Would it be worth it to buy a pre-built.

Now I know, laugh, its ok. Pre-built can suck major butt, but I know my PC will not be able to keep up with the things I need it to do in the near future. All I need to know is a good pre-built site to buy one or customize a build so to speak, or if the one I made from Cyberpower PC is worth its shiny penny.

• *BASE_PRICE: [+2329]
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CAS: CORSAIR ICUE 4000X RGB SERIES ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Chassis + AirGuide RGB fans (Black [+0])
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-11700KF 8/16 3.60GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k [-142] (Single Drive)
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+150] (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z590-C/ac ATX, ARGB, 802.11 WiFi, 1 GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Series 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply [-5]
  • VIDEO: [Extra 2 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 (Ampere) [VR Ready] [-221] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
  • _PRICE: (+2160)

I'm sure you gods of PC can make more sense of this than I can, I'm not too great at computers, so I would love to know if this price is too expensive for the components.
I'd take other sights that can get me something along these lines without really blowing my pockets out if available It took me about 4 months to save up for even this price range.

Edit: OR you can call me a bimbo for wanting to upgrade during the apacolypse

Thank you, o great PC Wizards

Solution
Alright, so I've had my custom-built pc for over, I want to say 4 years now, she may be a little old, but she runs youtube just fine. However I think it is high time to get a new one, but I'm sure we all know the absolute herculean feats needed to get even a decent graphics card.

• It's been some time since I even thought about brands of components so I cant get all of them

Now I know, laugh, its ok. Pre-built can suck major butt, but I know my PC will not be able to keep up with the things...

Now I know, laugh, its ok. Pre-built can suck major butt, but I know my PC will not be able to keep up with the things I need it to do in the near future. All I need to know is a good pre-built site to buy one or customize a build so to speak, or if the one I made from Cyberpower PC is worth its shiny penny.

• *BASE_PRICE: [+2329]
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CAS: CORSAIR ICUE 4000X RGB SERIES ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Chassis + AirGuide RGB fans (Black [+0])
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-11700KF 8/16 3.60GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k [-142] (Single Drive)
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+150] (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z590-C/ac ATX, ARGB, 802.11 WiFi, 1 GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Series 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply [-5]
  • VIDEO: [Extra 2 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 (Ampere) [VR Ready] [-221] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
  • _PRICE: (+2160)

I'm sure you gods of PC can make more sense of this than I can, I'm not too great at computers, so I would love to know if this price is too expensive for the components.
I'd take other sights that can get me something along these lines without really blowing my pockets out if available It took me about 4 months to save up for even this price range.

Edit: OR you can call me a bimbo for wanting to upgrade during the apacolypse

Thank you, o great PC Wizards
If you wanted to stay on amd, go for a B550 Tomahawk and a 5800X/5700G if the price is not too much a different with 11700KF.

If you're not planning on overclocking the cpu, go with a B560/B560M Motherboard instead, it's still able to overclock the ram.
For the ram maybe you want to grab a 3600mhz or 4000mhz kit if the price difference is small.
If your power supply is a good one now, you might not need to change it. a Corsair RM750/x is a better one.
Case, cooler, and case fans are ok.

TBH, your pc still able to catch up with the future, with cpu, memory, and a gpu upgrade it's still usable.

Solution

Spoon1675

Commendable
Apr 18, 2019
If you wanted to stay on amd, go for a B550 Tomahawk and a 5800X/5700G if the price is not too much a different with 11700KF.

TBH, your pc still able to catch up with the future, with cpu, memory, and a gpu upgrade it's still usable.

Alright, if I were to upgrade to like a 3070 (sadly not at MSRP) would the Motherboard I have be a bottleneck or? And i may stick with Ryzen, really depends on price

You probably wouldn’t even need to get a new board. Chances are you can bios flash the b450 board to accept a 5000 series. I’m running a 3600 on a b350 from a few years back. Even if you can’t go to a 5000 series cpu, a nice ryzen 3600 or 3700x would probably do great with that card.

Last edited: