Question iTunes causing BSOD on my literally new monster PC ?

Apr 4, 2023
Hey all!

Just recently got a new build finished. It was actually an upgrade of my mate's previous build (3 months old).

Specs are:

AMD B550 gaming gen3 (ms-7b86)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
32.0 GB DIMM4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
850W PSU

Previous he had a Ryzen 7. I made sure to update the BIOS prior to the CPU switchover. Essentially everything in my system is running fine UNTIL I use iTunes?

Summary of steps I have taken when I got my first BSOD event to determine where the fault is.

• Wiped the computer and everything was operating smoothly
  • Made sure all drivers were up to date
  • Made sure there were no disk errors
  • Ran a RAM test - ended up clean
  • Temperature of the system was steady and the fans are working perfectly
I have ordered another PSU just to see whether a 1000W would be able to handle the sudden spikes in processing (currently on it's way to me). Allow me to elaborate below -

I have around 12000 songs on iTunes that I'm wanting to download into my C drive from the cloud. If I have the downloads happening in the background and open up another program or do anything else, the system has the potential to crash at any second. I also ran a test where I uninstalled and reinstalled and just let iTunes run on it's own and download with no other programs running and it would freeze.

As soon as I try to uninstall it for the second time, it glitches and BSOD occurs mid uninstall!! Which then led to a series of BSOD upon reboot. I restarted in safe mode and removed residual files so it is all good now.

I have linked images of the most recent errors that I have receved and also attached the minidump files if an expert can be so kind as to help me out . XXXX .

[Moderator edit: XXXX = deleted non-profane but inappropriate wording by OP.]

I have also read that my specific event (LiveKernelEvent 124) is related to the CPU, but I literally have no idea how that could be since it operates everything else just fine. I can game with no issues, run large programs, just everything except iTunes (for now anyway).

If anyone has any advice, that would be GREATLY appreciated and again, anyone who can assist will be rewarded!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance can you state the BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? With regards to iTunes, did you try making sure your OS is up to date? Speaking of OS, what are you working with? You might want to try pass on .dmp files for us/the community to have a look at.

32.0 GB DIMM4 RAM
Please pass on a link to the ram you're working with

850W PSU
850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit? If this unit is a used unit, include it's age.

Reactions: Romdogz
Apr 4, 2023
Hi moderator!

I updated to BIOS version 7B86vP3 as listed on the B550 GAMING GEN3's website. The date of BIOS release was 06.03.23 (latest).

OS is all up to date, Windows 11 (10.0) Pro 64-bit, no other pending updates.

I have an InWin P85 850W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular PSU (Came with the original PC approx 3 months old)

This is a link to my RAM -

https://www.bpctech.com.au/product/...-rgb-ddr4-3200mhz-white-32gb-kit-2x16gb-.html

Here is a Google Drive link to my minidump files and screenshots of the BSOD events.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nAbnjjzow4l2tCc6IU4sqPznK03PYakJ?usp=sharing

Appreciate it heaps! The new PSU I have coming is -

Corsair RM1000e 1000W 80+ Gold Ultra-Low Noise Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I feel like I have narrowed it down to either the PSU or the CPU. So if the PSU is all fine and the system still glitches, am I correct to assume that it is a CPU issue and I should get a replacement CPU?