Question iTunes - 'New From Your Artist/Alert Me' Features

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Hello all.

I use iTunes on Windows for collecting and playing my music.
Ever since April 2020, the 'New From Your Artist' feature at the bottom of the iTunes Store has not been working. New albums from both new artists I follow and artists that have had new albums show in this section in the past, simply do not show anymore. The latest one showing remains to be back from April 2020. Subsequently, the 'Alert Me' feature in the iTunes Store 'Account' section does not seem to function anymore either. This feature allows you to not only have new albums/singles from the artists you follow show in the 'New From Your Artist' section of the iTunes Store, but is also supposed to send you an email notification when new music is released if the option is enabled, which also hasn't happened since 2020.
I had this issue on two different computers now.

Things I've already tried:
  • Reinstalled iTunes, first from Apple.com, then from the Windows Store
  • Rebuilt my iTunes library
  • Consolidated library
  • Logged out of the iTunes Store and logged back in
  • Verified that my computer is authorized to play music from my account
  • Spoke with Apple tech support (they also couldn't find a fix)

I was wondering if it is a system wide issue that is affecting everyone, or if it isn't and someone may have found a fix for it.

Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
Cynical me thinks that Windows and iTunes/Apple are not playing well together. :)

Double check that iTunes has the correct email address to notify you and that nothing is blocking those emails. Likewise check the listing of artists that you follow. Is that list still there and/or correct?

Consider that some other restrictions regarding new releases have been imposed. Who, why, when, etc. are, if any, TBD.

My suggestion to simply bookmark the applicable artist websites or other websites as applicable that are likely to post details regarding new releases.

Direct links.,

Do not rely on third party entities (Microsoft, Apple, or otherwise) to proactively keep you up to date.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Cynical me thinks that Windows and iTunes/Apple are not playing well together. :)

Double check that iTunes has the correct email address to notify you and that nothing is blocking those emails. Likewise check the listing of artists that you follow. Is that list still there and/or correct?

Consider that some other restrictions regarding new releases have been imposed. Who, why, when, etc. are, if any, TBD.

My suggestion to simply bookmark the applicable artist websites or other websites as applicable that are likely to post details regarding new releases.

Direct links.,

Do not rely on third party entities (Microsoft, Apple, or otherwise) to proactively keep you up to date.

My thoughts exactly. Apple did replace iTunes with a brand new 'Music' app on Mac and handed the iTunes application over to Microsoft and the Windows Store for further downloads and updates. So it wouldn't surprise me if the issue is on their side and not enough people are making noise about it for them to care.

I did check that my email address and followed artist list were both correct. I even had my anti-virus and windows firewall see iTunes and my library as exceptions too.

And yeah, bookmarks are a good idea. Lately I've been just combing the 'New Music' section every weekend and that allows me to see new music from the artists I follow, but it just wastes a lot of time doing that.

Thank you for your help anyway.