[SOLVED] ITX System not POSTing

Sep 14, 2021
Hi,

my system looks like this:

All FANs turn on. But I get no POST. I have no idea why the system does not work. I tried CPU and RAM on my B450 Tomahawk with success. I gave the board away to flash the newest firmware. MY assumption is that maybe the Board+RAM+CPU are not compatible. If I read on https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITXac/index.de.asp#Specification I see that the RAM for Ryzen Series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge) must 2933Mhz. Could this be the reason. I have no RAM to try out.

Thanks for any advice :)

Solution
The CPU compatibility lists the AF version as good with BIOS 3.70.
I am not familiar enough with your RAM to quickly find in the compat list. I would start by looking for that, there. Perhaps see if 'friend' has a stick of RAM you could check with, or pick a stick up to check.
It isn't totally unheard of to have an older CPU not play friendly with a mobo of newer chipset BIOS flashed beyond a certain point.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The CPU compatibility lists the AF version as good with BIOS 3.70.
I am not familiar enough with your RAM to quickly find in the compat list. I would start by looking for that, there. Perhaps see if 'friend' has a stick of RAM you could check with, or pick a stick up to check.
It isn't totally unheard of to have an older CPU not play friendly with a mobo of newer chipset BIOS flashed beyond a certain point.

Solution