iType Smartwatch Aims To Be A Smartphone On Your Wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpin Lincoln

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
Wow! This really seems interesting! It looked really cheesy and cheap at first, but after i watched the video on the kickstarter page and looked at all of the functionality, this thing looks amazing! I think i found the first thing im going to fund on kickstarter, also since they don't keep the money unless they reach their goal. Hopefully this is a big hit!

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Why does every smart watch have such a small screen? I don't understand why all of these tech companies feel pressured to make it fit in the traditional form of a watch.

With bendable/curved screens being a real thing now, why not just wrap the actual smartphone around the forearm (think leela's wrist device in futurama)? You don't even have to put the entire device on the arm. Put the display and buttons on the foream, and have a small pocket device do the actual calling and heavy lifting.

Pimpin Lincoln

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
Why does every smart watch have such a small screen? I don't understand why all of these tech companies feel pressured to make it fit in the traditional form of a watch.

With bendable/curved screens being a real thing now, why not just wrap the actual smartphone around the forearm (think leela's wrist device in futurama)? You don't even have to put the entire device on the arm. Put the display and buttons on the foream, and have a small pocket device do the actual calling and heavy lifting.

I think companies do this because they think about the masses. More than a Niche market, because tons of people are looking into smartwatches, not necessarily Forearm devices like leela's. I do agree it would be awesome to have a device like leela's but I don't think companies will get that risky with developing a device like that too soon. It definetly seems like a thing for the future though.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013

Even if they don't make a device that large, I still don't understand the commitment to the traditional watch form factor. It's like the people designing these want to camaflouge it as a watch. No one's thinking outside of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.