iTypewriter Brings Tactile Goodness to the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Reading these articles makes you wonder, who the hell buys stupid crap like this? Oh wait, apple people. Going to look really hip when sitting at cafee typing with one of these babies.

SlitelyOff

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Awesome! I just wonder how long before he types too hard and cracks the screen...Otherwise one of the cooler ideas I have seen in a while, no drivers required!

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Reading these articles makes you wonder, who the hell buys stupid crap like this? Oh wait, apple people. Going to look really hip when sitting at cafee typing with one of these babies.[/citation]

Yes, lets stereotype people because they use a product you don't personally enjoy. Like a child getting mad at a person for enjoying the Red Sucker instead of the blue sucker.

Grow up.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Or you could, you know, buy a netbook amd do the same thing for less, or get a laptop and do more for the same price

runswindows95

Distinguished
Then again, people who actually type all day, such as me, rather have a full sized keyboard and bigger screens (such as dual Dell U2412M monitors in pivot). I easily type out 10,000 words a day, and I see the Ipad as an overpriced toy, not a tool.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
This is a cool retro toy... gadget. Useless for any actual use. Its slower than typing on a real iPad or tablet.

RunsWindwos95 (Why you running Win95?) - iPad is no more expensive than the tablets from Asus, Samsung, Sony or Toshiba.

And I *DO* relax and use an iPad for web browsing... even thou I have a powerful desktop with a 24" screen in the same room.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Belardo,

All tablets are toys to me when it comes to writing. Again, I don't see myself typing all day on a tablet of any kind or make since I already dislike texting on my smartphone as it is, and that's for only 100 words or so.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Yes, lets stereotype people because they use a product you don't personally enjoy. Like a child getting mad at a person for enjoying the Red Sucker instead of the blue sucker. Grow up.[/citation]
You're the one using miniature typewriter for your overpriced useless piece of shit. You need to grow up :D

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Er... It doesn't seem like it would be easy to use, and the video didn't make me think otherwise. Actually, it's the video that made me feel that way. :)) If it's that bulky already, maybe it should've been made wider as well.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
How about a smoke signal app?
Or a signal mast app?

I mean if you want to get 'retro' let's REALLY go retro :)

But seriously, this looks more like a toy or joke item than something useful.
I know I'd not want to type on this contraption all day long.

How about a full size Keyboard instead ?
USB or Bluetooth will do just fine.

Or smoke signals. The camera can sure read them :)

InvalidError

Titan
That's some awfully slow typing in that video. Since it seems like the heads are retracting on gravity alone which makes it much slower than if they were spring-loaded, I'm guessing the demo went very 'gingerly' to avoid head jams.

Next step: powered iPad Typewriter!

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I can't wait to see some moron lug one of these things into starbucks....

And delude himself into thinking he looks tech-hip while making a fool of himself. Welcome to the world of iTards....

G

for goodness sake why not put someone who really knows how to type. its like the person using it has a gun pointed on his head. just to force him to use this crappy product.

segagamer

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
"RunsWindwos95 (Why you running Win95?) - iPad is no more expensive than the tablets from Asus, Samsung, Sony or Toshiba."

Really? My Asus Nexus 7 cost me £199, whereas an iPad 3 costs at minimum £550.
The only real difference between the two is screen size and resolution, both of which I'm willing to sacrifice, considering what a tablet is used for.

Status
Not open for further replies.