[SOLVED] I've always wondered if I should be worried about temperature 11...

Jul 27, 2020
View: https://imgur.com/9q2RpVx

^ Link to view my computer temps. If it works. My CPU and mobo temps usually stay under 50c if it's under heavy load. My GPU sometimes hits 80c under heavy load. Thou temperature 11 is always 115c. Sometimes it flickers to 116c, but very rarely. I'm wondering if it's an issue, or if it's a faulty sensor. I also don't know what part it's sensing. Corsair doesn't list the names unless I put them in manually. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Unless you have an absolute reason to use Corsair Link and not iCue, I'd just delete the program. CL has been pretty well documented as being buggy and unknown listings of exactly what all 13 temps are is just plain dumb. There's no way for you to decipher the difference between phc temps and Sata chipset temps, so exactly what is 115°C you'll never know.

CL is old, outdated and buggy. There was a reason Corsair scrapped it in favor of iCue, it was far easier to start an api from scratch than try and figure out all the fixes for such a buggy piece of software.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Holy cow that is a wrong reading. Don't sweat this at all. It is not a CPU core it's something else and its off and that is normal nothing to worry about. Skip 11 as its not a core and what not.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Unless you have an absolute reason to use Corsair Link and not iCue, I'd just delete the program. CL has been pretty well documented as being buggy and unknown listings of exactly what all 13 temps are is just plain dumb. There's no way for you to decipher the difference between phc temps and Sata chipset temps, so exactly what is 115°C you'll never know.

CL is old, outdated and buggy. There was a reason Corsair scrapped it in favor of iCue, it was far easier to start an api from scratch than try and figure out all the fixes for such a buggy piece of software.

Solution
Jul 27, 2020
Holy cow that is a wrong reading. Don't sweat this at all. It is not a CPU core it's something else and its off and that is normal nothing to worry about. Skip 11 as its not a core and what not.

I kinda figured it was just broken or something. My computer takes maybe 15-20 seconds for me to boot it up and log in. By this time it's already at 115c. Should also mention, This is my third ASUS X99-A II board. The first one died for no apparent reason. The thing straight up stopped working, the tech didn't know what was going on with it. So they replaced it under warrenty. The second one. My CPU actually died, intel 6800k. When I brought it back in for warrenty the tech noticed that my motherboard had some burned out LED's on it. So they replaced that, and upgraded me too a 6850k. They thought it was my Power supply, but apparently it passed all of their tests so they left it in. They also replaced all of the wires and re done everything thinking it might of been a faulty wire. Seems to be working fine besides that one temp... KNOCKS ON WOOD!

Jul 27, 2020

I didn't even know iCue was a thing, I'll look into it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Then why use CL for anything other than regulating the AIO? (I'd not even use it for that, just as easy to use bios since the H110i is a pretty simple hookup.)

If really it's a doubt, run HWInfo (sensors only option) and see if there's any corroborating info.