[SOLVED] Ive been getting BSOD everytime I play any videogame on my pc.

Mar 27, 2020
cycling BSOD from service_exception, to IRQL-less_or_equal, probabaly 5-6 different BSODs always after 5-10 min gameplay.
I have a
windows 10
gtx 1050 ti
asrock H310M-ITX
I3-8100
G.skill aegis 8gb
Model F4-2133C15S-8GIS
Rosewill Rg630-S12 PSU

Im using a ps4 controller
everything worked fine initially, no new hardware added.
Ill post a recent dump file once I upload it.

Here we go!

Last edited:
Solution
That PSU is horrible, 1 year parts warranty 😧Your problem is most likely power related. I’d recommend getting a quality gold Seasonic Focus, EVGA G3 or Corsair TX, Rx, or RMx unit.
Mar 27, 2020
That PSU is horrible, 1 year parts warranty 😧Your problem is most likely power related. I’d recommend getting a quality gold Seasonic Focus, EVGA G3 or Corsair TX, Rx, or RMx unit.
I appreciate you taking time to help troubleshoot this issue. Can I ask if this is a common occurrence? I never would have expected my PSU would be the culprit of these BSODs

Mar 27, 2020
Mar 27, 2020
Ok. So I did a full reinstall of windows. Downloaded my games and drivers again. And I was problem free for a day!!! Then it happened again. Bsod.

I've ordered the above psu and will follow up if this was the issue.

Mar 27, 2020
Ok so I ordered the above mentioned psu. And had a night of problem free gaming. This morning however I played an hour of destiny 2 then had a bsod.

Could it be that the psu was the issue and has just damaged hardware, or corrupted files? Ran sfc and came back clean. Please advise.

Mar 27, 2020
Ok so I ordered the above mentioned psu. And had a night of problem free gaming. This morning however I played an hour of destiny 2 then had a bsod.

Could it be that the psu was the issue and has just damaged hardware, or corrupted files? Ran sfc and came back clean. Please advise.

After a fresh install of windows my pc is killing it. Thanks for your help in problem solving. I vow to never again skimp on my power supply when building a rig.

Reactions: Colif