Question I've been getting some errors regarding "Microsoft.GamingApp" in event viewer

Freestyle80

Reputable
Aug 11, 2020
I believe this is also causing my screen to freeze up at times since the error has been constant anyone know what this means?

Screenshot provided of the error, let me know if you need anything else.

Error

Freestyle80

Reputable
Aug 11, 2020
what is the event ID of that event? might make it easier to find.

what are specs of PC?
Log Name: System
Event ID: 10016
Source: DistributedCOM

my PC is i9-9900k, EVGA 3080 on a Gigabyte z390 aorus pro board

I also recently got a "VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR " bsod while watching netflix, so there's that too.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Almost everyone gets DCOM errors so I am not sure if that is direct cause.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

try running DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall them again - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

What PSU do you have?

Freestyle80

Reputable
Aug 11, 2020
Almost everyone gets DCOM errors so I am not sure if that is direct cause.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

try running DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall them again - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

What PSU do you have?
Hi ok, I am not sure how to recreate the bsod but I will try to post the dump here if it happens again bsod only ever happened that one time

I will also try to reinstall drivers later

my PSU is a Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 650W 80+ gold, I know higher is recommended but I have had 0 crashes while gaming with it so far

Freestyle80

Reputable
Aug 11, 2020
Don't try to crash, just be prepared in case it does again :)

Nvidia recommended psu assumes you running a 10900K so yours should be enough.

yeah hasnt really crashed since and reinstalling drivers didnt do anything. Guess since its not causing any issues during normal operation I should just ignore it

TRENDING THREADS