Question I've been having GPU related issues where my graphical drivers aren't being detected. What's the chance it could be my motherboard that's at fault?

Mar 28, 2020
Over Christmas I recently updated a bunch of my old PC components to newer ones. I replaced my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, as I was previously using an old FX series processor and needed to upgrade all my components if I wanted to switch to a newer Ryzen gen 2 processor.

I had previously upgraded my graphics card from an old R7 370 to a GTX 1660 and for a very short period used that with the FX build until I was able to put everything else together. Everything was going pretty well up until about 2 months ago when I started getting 2 extremely consistent errors. The first was a BSOD error code "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" which I can't for the life of me figure out the actual cause of. The second error appears occasionally when I start the computer, where when looking in the device manager, my graphical drivers would get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" message. It's worth mentioning that none of these issues ever happened with my GPU while I was using it with my FX build for a few weeks.

Everything about this screams like a GPU error but with the thought of it working absolutely fine before then, the back of my head tells me it might be a faulty PCIe port on my motherboard. What can you guys make of it?

Current Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700X
GTX 1660 Ventus OC
16GB DDR4 3600mHz (8GB Dual Channel)
ROG Strix B450-F

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS