[SOLVED] ive been having PC problems fps drops from 240 fps to 30 for like a quick second and it make my game unplayable gpu cpu problems?

Mar 11, 2021
i have good specs ssd 1tb samsung i7 8700k ze90 e mobo 1070 ti tridentz 3200 x2 8gb ram noctu cooling 850w gold evga ga and if i play games my fps drop consantly and when running msi afterburner seeing spikes go from straight line to very big spikes and game crashing i have no overclock at the moment when i play fort this is all that happens it is the game or is my pc just <Mod Edit> ive ran stress testing on my cpu and gpu and i never get crashes! my memory does run pretty high at like 20% when pc is idle and everything else is at 0% i just want a fix because even on a game like minecraft at 240fps my frames are horrid and i have bad screen tearing if i run 240fps exactly on my 240hz monitor! what should i do to figure out what wrong with my pc! i also would love to know why my fps is dropping from 240fps to 30fps to 60fps back to 240fps is it a cpu thing a gpu thing would love any feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
try downloading and then run DDU in safe mode. you will then reinstall GPU drivers.
if that doesn't fix your issues, if it were me id reinstall win 10 and start with a clean slate