I've been out of the loop for a bit - best AM2 MB?

Pale_Horse

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
Last time I built a system was back in the socket A days ( Good old NF7-S!). Been looking at processor prices and it looks like it is time to build again. I will be pairing this MB with a AMD 6000 X2. I am mainly looking for stability but some nice OC features would be welcome. What is the best AM2 motherboard out there? My budget is $100 - 175. Any suggestions welcome! :D

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
If you want to overclock, go with a cheaper processor than 6000+, because those chips are pretty maxed out @3Ghz. You could get the same performance for a good bit less moolah.

As far as good boards for the aforementioned overclocking, I really don't know. I have spent most of my time of late researching Intel boards and such, and I wouldn't want to steer you wrong. Someone around here is sure to have a good suggestion for you though.

Good luck,
Pete

Pale_Horse

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
I have the Abit An-9 Fatal1ty board, it overclocks decently well and has a lot of cool features but the quality is suspect, the one I bought 6 months ago died on me recently, luckily Fry's replaced it under warranty.

If I had to do it over I'd go for the EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR, it is on sale right now on Newegg, if my board wasn't still under warranty I'd buy one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188016

Looks like a pretty decent board, thanks for the help. :D